This Pipe Underneath my RV is leaking.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qusaibasha

Hello everyone,

I own a new 2021 Tracer 24DBS, however as soon as I tried filling up the fresh water tank, water started leaking from this L shaped small blue pipe.

could anyone provide me with answers as to what this pipe is, and how do I stop the drainage when I try filling it up.

Attachments

• C8908EC4-83D4-4485-9DF6-0469A642CFAD.jpeg
    C8908EC4-83D4-4485-9DF6-0469A642CFAD.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 1F5A186C-C7B3-466C-A917-96F8E8FC42B8.jpeg
    1F5A186C-C7B3-466C-A917-96F8E8FC42B8.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 49
  • C8765FE3-ABF6-4814-8749-C1A0CBA14D75.jpeg
    C8765FE3-ABF6-4814-8749-C1A0CBA14D75.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 49
I agree with msw that it LOOKS like an overflow outlet. I'd also note that even being new it's possible that someone at the dealer put a lot of water in the tank before you got it.

However, since you seem certain it was empty, it might help us to know whether it started flowing the moment you started to add water or did it take a short time before the leak started? Also, where does it appear to be coming from when you look up underneath?

I'm not familiar with your particular unit, and can't see anything beyond what you've provided, so questions are my only tool, but at this point, other than the above, I can't think of other questions to ask -- maybe someone else has some thoughts here though.

Also consider that since it's new, the dealer SHOULD be able to help, though that's not a guarantee either.

I would guess it's the overfill vent line for the fresh water tank, especially if it's near the valve labeled "Fresh Water Drain".

My bet, it was filled with water at the Dealer, OP filled and the overflow leaked a bit.

My suggestion is to drain the fresh water tank and then try filling it again.

I doubt its an over flow because there is an elbow on it. You wouldnt do that.
When you try to run water in the trailer without it hooked up to city water do you get flow from all the taps?
Dont add any more water to the tank and test - see if one line is not connected.
Dont hook up to city water to run the first test, if all flow you have your answer if one doesnt you have your answer if none flow and your water pump is turned on you .....

I too say it’s the overfill drain/vent. The drain valve for that tank is labeled. That pipe doesn’t have a valve because if you would forget to open it, the tank could explode.

Open the other valves if its an overflow the fresh tank drain will go for 10 mins drain it and start filling the tank again how big is the fresh tank?

I watched the video ziplock posted i was wrong lol over flow, but why the elbow what a waste of $.05

Last edited:
The above video pretty much explains the unit and how it works, so it might be a good idea to bookmark the video.

but why the elbow what a waste of $.05
Probably a scrap laying close by and no cutters within reach :ROFLMAO:
Actually it looks like their might be a screen an the end of the piece. Makes sense, that pipe would lead to direct contact with the water system.

Back
Top Bottom