Thor Electric RVs article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have a Zero? I've been intrigued since day 1 by electric motorcycles, particularly the Zero line. I'd love to have a DSR/X for canyon carving in the forest. They're still a bit on the expensive side...but one day.....

I bet they have serious torque and will scat off the line.....
I own two Zeros. A 2017 Zero DS (7.2 KWH that I take on my RV trips) and a 2017 Zero SR (16.3 KWH) with power tank for much longer rides. I can charge it at 8KW with my external chargers.

The DS had the battery replaced during warranty, so it went from 6.5 KWH to 7.2 KWH. It is great news when the battery craps out during the warranty!

I also have a 2020 Energica Esse Esse 9 and have the 2023 Energica Experia on order since June 1 that can arrive any day now. It has a 22.5 KWH battery and CCS charging (25KW charging).

-Don- Reno, NV

I bet they have serious torque and will scat off the line.....
If you want scary fast, go Energica. I had a buddy ride mine in Sport mode on the freeway. He was going 80MPH when he decided to try WOT. He couldn't believe how he was going more than 100 MPH in what seemed like a fraction of a second and probably was.

And my Esse Esse 9 is the slowest bike Energica makes. If you want really super ridiculously fast, go for the Energica Ego.

Mine is designed more for comfort than speed.. but . . .

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
Not if you buy one new. Long waiting list!

-Don- Reno, NV

True on the new....but remember what I do for a living. Finding a gently used one is child's play. ;)

And yes, I drive half a dozen Model 3's and Y's for every Model S. I love 'em all....

I own two Zeros. A 2017 Zero DS (7.2 KWH that I take on my RV trips) and a 2017 Zero SR (16.3 KWH) with power tank for much longer rides. I can charge it at 8KW with my external chargers.

The DS had the battery replaced during warranty, so it went from 6.5 KWH to 7.2 KWH. It is great news when the battery craps out during the warranty!

I also have a 2020 Energica Esse Esse 9 and have the 2023 Energica Experia on order since June 1 that can arrive any day now. It has a 22.5 KWH battery and CCS charging (25KW charging).

-Don-
Nice

The video on the Energica was a good comparison between the two.

If I hit the lottery soon, Barnett HD has a Livewire sitting in the showroom. I'd love to take it for a spin too.... 0-60 in 3.0 seconds.... :)

Nice

The video on the Energica was a good comparison between the two.

If I hit the lottery soon, Barnett HD has a Livewire sitting in the showroom. I'd love to take it for a spin too.... 0-60 in 3.0 seconds.... :)

I couldn't ever get a fast bike to do its advertised 0-60 time. Either the front end got scary-light, or the rear wanted to lose traction.

Is 0-60 in 3.0 the fastest time ever for a Harley? ;) ha ha

I'd love to take it for a spin too.... 0-60 in 3.0 seconds....
Slow for an electric. 0-60mph is 2.4 seconds with the Energica Ego.

The Harley LW is my least favorite electric motorcycle. No true L2 charging, slow charging on L3, no reverse, no decent luggage options. No faring. And not real comphy to me. I have done a test ride on it.

And overpriced at 30K$.

But now that they separated from Harley, you can buy the LW1 for 7K$ less mainly because they no longer have the HD name on it.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
Barnett HD has a Livewire sitting in the showroom. I'd love to take it for a spin too.... 0-60 in 3.0 seconds..
HD has a lot of dealers. That could be a good reason for the LW there.

Your closest Energica dealers are ABQ, NM or Austin, TX.

Your closest Zero dealer is in Allen, TX, north of Dallas.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
I couldn't ever get a fast bike to do its advertised 0-60 time. Either the front end got scary-light, or the rear wanted to lose traction.

Is 0-60 in 3.0 the fastest time ever for a Harley? ;) ha ha
Back in my car rental days, one of the managers at a competitor was a buddy of mine, and big into sport bikes. He bought a new Yamaha R1....brought it to work one day, tossed me the keys and said "Dude, you gotta ride this thing".

I took it out on Airport Road, did a quick scan for law enforcement, cracked the throttle hard and laid into it. At one point I had nearly my entire body weight on the bars and the front end was still coming up. If I hadn't got out of it, I would have been splayed on the pavement. God it was fun. Always wanted him to mount some wheelie bars on the back and let me try again.....

0 to 60 in 3.0 on a Harley means 3.0 hours.

This Harley was charging on the other side of the charge island from us at a BC hydro charger in Lillooet. He followed us from Pemberton to Lillooet. Poor guy couldn’t get buy us and I couldn’t pull over although I eventually just almost came to a stop so he could get by us. 101 kilometres of no passing lanes, blind corners, 13 percent grades, switchbacks and absolutely no shoulders. Talking to him later he says that the bikers love that stretch and he appreciated me getting him by us. First electric Harley we had seen. Middle of no where on a BC mountain highway 😂9B7678B8-D2C9-4E3F-A408-EB4D591636C5.jpeg

0 to 60 in 3.0 on a Harley means 3.0 hours.
But Harleys have a lot of torque and won't slow down much on hills. If you want more wide range torque than a Harley, you need to go EV.

BTW, my 1,000 LB Harley Road Glide Ultra accelerates quite well, but I have no idea what the 0-60 MPH is.

But you would be surprised even at some of their ICE bikes. See here.

"In terms of the time it takes to go from 0 to 60, the fastest Harley production motorcycle that’s ever been produced is the current FXDR 114. It can reach 60 mph in only 2.5 seconds,"

-Don- Reno, NV

Only Harley I've ever ridden was a 1200 Sportster that I rented on the Big Island in Hawaii. Spent the first day of the new Millennium cruising back and forth from Kona to Hilo. Was torquey and felt quick off the line, but overall felt slow. I did enjoy the "potato potato potato" idle. :)

Back 10-15 years ago, I was pining for a Victory Vegas 8-Ball and almost bought one. But by then most of my riding buddies had moved away, settled in on their 2nd-3rd marriages, etc. By 2012 I was riding solo....and by 2013 I was bikeless.

Back in 1969 I had an Ossa 250. Screamer on the trails. Than a Yamaha 350. It was fun but not near as fun as the Ossa. Then a Sportster 1200 that I only had a few months when I traded it for a Heritage Softail Classic. Took that one to England and sold it for what I paid for it.

To me, that sound makes the bike seem like it's way out of tune. Makes the bike sound like it's a piece of junk, IMAO.

I am glad my Road Glide Ultra doesn't have that junky sound.

-Don- Reno, NV

You'd have loved the lumpy cam Big Blocks we were building in the 70's. ruuhhhRUUUMP, ruuhhhRUUUMP, ruuhhhRUUUMP.....Miserable at idle, but an E-Ticket ride when you dropped the hammer....

We had to run electric vacuum pumps for the brake booster ;)

You'd have loved the lumpy cam Big Blocks we were building in the 70's. ruuhhhRUUUMP, ruuhhhRUUUMP, ruuhhhRUUUMP.....Miserable at idle, but an E-Ticket ride when you dropped the hammer....

We had to run electric vacuum pumps for the brake booster ;)
That lumpy idle was the thing I loved most about my old Shovelhead. Well, that and the look on some Evo rider's face when I blew him off on a 92" Shovelhead touring bike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom