Tiffin discontinues Vanleigh line of fifth wheel RVs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UTTransplant

Tiffin announced today they are discontinuing their Vanleigh line of fifth wheel trailers. The service center for existing units will be moved to Red Bay, AL from Winfield, AL. This follows a layoff of 25% of Tiffin Motorhomes staff late last year. I do think the RV boom is over. The Vanleigh models were definitely upscale with a price to match.

Attachments

• 2E3769A2-AA2F-4C60-8EF1-85A2111FFB1D.jpeg
    2E3769A2-AA2F-4C60-8EF1-85A2111FFB1D.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I wonder if this isn't also a byproduct of the acquisition by Thor.

Tiffin, like the other manufacturers, had a terrible time with their supply chain during the last few years. There were hundreds of almost-complete units parked on just about ever open place in Red Bay and Belmont. I can’t even imagine the carrying costs of all the work-in-process. You had to see it to believe it; each unit sitting had a sheet on the windshield about what they were missing. Those are gone now, but there is no doubt that there is a financial issue overall. When you add the interest rate increases, something had to be done. They have also culled some of their models, and there are fewer of them than before too. No doubt Thor Industries bought Tiffin for their motorized lines, not the fifth wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom