Timing is important

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

I stayed a bit late here in MI due to doctor's appointments (nothing serious) Set to leave for an oil change tomorrow AM and from the shop SOUTH for the winter.

But this week
Wed. I tanked up with fresh water even though the park was supposed to have shut it off last week.

Thursday (On the way home from DR.) I notified Security water was still on at my site
Note the hydrants are NOT frost proof
Friday I notified Activities of same as I purchased my ticket for the Dinner Saturday
Saturday at Dinner I spoke with the manager.
This morning I dumped waste tanks and rinsed the hose using park water (Holding the waste hose a good six to 8 inches below the spigot by the way no chance of backfeed)

This afternoon they blew out the lines.. 140 Sites still had water
Tomorrow's low 16 degrees and Tuesday night 8..

A: I"m getting outta dodge just in time
B: park saved a mint thanks to me getting word to the manager in time.

WOW.

Yeah, doctors keep delaying us too. Hopefully we'll be headed south next weekend.  One doctor to go...the pup needs a heart check. He has an enlarged heart.

And we screwed up on the timing and came down to Key Largo way too early (the beginning of October) and suffered in record breaking heat for the past three weeks. We had to be either in the water or in our AC in the trailer.
Then again it was better than being hunkard down in our wood heated home in the high country of NC

Jack L

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom