Tire Pressure Monitors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the sensors are off-tire for more than something like 1 minute (30-60 seconds,) they will reset the pressure when re-attached to the tire.  So if you remove them while in storage, they will re-set the alarm points when you re-attach.

One trick to get a higher "No-Alarm" range (Or perhaps a lower alarm pressure point might be a better description) is to use an air tank with a slightly lower pressure in it, set the sensor by attaching to the tank till the display shows the pressure, then QUICKLY transfer to the tire at a slightly higher pressure.

rbell said:
If I set them up, remove and put them in your egg crate till I get ready to go to Fla. in Feb, do they need set again or do they remember the pressure etc. when reinstalled. I intend to increase the pressure for storage till I get ready to leave.

Dick

I have enough sensors so I don't need your sensors in my egg crate ;D ;D  Get your own ;) Once installed, the sensors can be left alone. As John said, you only need to put them back on again when ready to go. A nice feature of the PressurePro is that you can move them between vehicles without reinstalling, just make sure that you put each sensor back on the same wheel position and screw them on. The sensors will automatically adjust themselves to the new pressure and you are good to go.

Bernie sent me my Pressure Pro and I got it installed. The install seemed to go easy and normally like the book said. BUT ??? when I put it in the normal mode the pressure readings were way out of whack. The setup pressure showed 50 lbs and one of them was 117 in normal. So after doing it 3 times and reading the book I called there 800 number, thinking they probably don't work on Saturday. 2 rings and someone answered, told me they were closed and he was just cleaning up. He then asked me what the problem was and told me that it sounded like it was set for the wrong pressure reading, maybe metric or something else. He says to unplug it, then hold the ON button while plugging it in till it says PSI on the display. Also he told me to call Doug Monday morning to straighten it out.  I went out and tried it and and it then worked correctly. It showed PA or something the first time. I didn't see any reference to that trick in the book or on their website.
So even the guy sweeping the floor knows what he's doing at Pressure Pro. Maybe Bernie's secret contact is the janitor!!!!!

rbell said:
So even the guy sweeping the floor knows what he's doing at Pressure Pro. Maybe Bernie's secret contact is the janitor!!!!!

Dick

Darn, you let my secret out of the bag :D  Glad you were able to correct the issue so easily. We try hard, even to using the janitor on Saturday  ;D ;D

The difference between a good company and one who uses Indian "Script Head" Customer support :)

I sometimes tell of my one call to Workhorse Customer Support.  Never got past the call screener (Recptionist) as ... Well, there was no need, she fixed my problem, she had the info I needed.  So it was faster for her to fix it than to transfer to a tech!.

Now that's service!

(Hughes net on the ohter hand uses Indian Script Heads who truly do not know what they are saying)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom