Tire Pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
captainjohn0123 said:
No significant outdoor temperature or elevation change. Outdoor temperatures were running around 50.

Outdoor temperature doesn't seem to be affecting the pressure. We were seeing the same pressure increase with temperatures in them 70's the last time we moved.
You missed my question.  Your Hopkins TPMS gives you both temperature and pressure.  What tire temperature were you seeing when the pressure was up 20 psi?

lavarock1210 said:
You missed my question.  Your Hopkins TPMS gives you both temperature and pressure.  What tire temperature were you seeing when the pressure was up 20 psi?
Mine does not give tire tempature. To the touch, they do not feel hot.

I use a TST Pro which gives Pressure and Temp...The most I have seen increase was in Texas on a 100+ degree day and that was 18lbs..Tire temp was at 128v 126 degrees. The 18lb increase was on the front axle and was uniform.  Normally I will see about a 12lb increase. I would get weights as described above and then air the tires accordingly. If you are really concerned, get the tires filled with nitrogen. Nitrogen is more stable than air only.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom