Tire rotation and spin balancing on RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don Jensen

I need to have tires rotated and a spin balancing done on our Fleetwood Excursion.  Looking to have it done near Seattle next month when we pass through from Alaska.

Anybody have an experience with companies in the Seattle area?

Don

Find yourself a Les Schwab truck tire dealership/service center and you will be very satisfied.  That is their claim to fame.  Customer satisfaction.

I had the beads in my RV and over the years the valve stems developed slow leaks from the dust. Special valve stems are required with screens to keep the material inside the tire. When I bought new tires 18 Months ago I had them replace the valve stems, clean the rims and spin balance the tires, so far no leaks and all is well. It has been said by experts that tires this big don't need any balancing at all because of the size and the speeds driven are pretty low, but I'm too Old School not to pay a little extra for balancing.

Theberrys said:
I had the beads in my RV and over the years the valve stems developed slow leaks from the dust. Special valve stems are required with screens to keep the material inside the tire. ..................... but I'm too Old School not to pay a little extra for balancing.

Dick

If you use Equal (powder), it is supposed to come with the special cores needed to prevent the clogging. Not sure about Dynabeads since it is a little larger. The advantage of the two is that rebalancing is not necessary and the products automatically adjust for flat spotting and uneven wear.

Dyna Beads also recommend (and sell) special valve cores for use with the beads.  They also have two sizes of beads and I'm not sure the special valves are required with the larger beads.  There should be no "dust" with the beads.

I'm not sure what was in there since the tires were on the coach when we bought it used. The dust sure messed up the TPMS from TST and I had to fuss with the air pressure constantly.

I'm still not sure about the no balancing required at all claims, since having them spin balanced I haven't had any problems at all. Of course if no balancing is really required then I wouldn't know if they are still in balance or not.

Many RV's don't recommend rotating at all, so check your manufacturer owner manual on that.  RV's are generally driven in a straight line for the most part and tires aren't subject to all the turns and extra wear like car tires.  Rear axle dualie tires need to match in overall height and "wear" so you don't want to be switching those around.  The most you'd probably do is switch the front tires if you really want to rotate something.

We've had very good service from Les Schwab, including some tires, balancing, and installing solid, extended, one-piece valve stems. (The one we have used several times is in Junction City, Oregon, though.)

FrankNSharon said:
Try Dynabeads and never pay to balance your tires again.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php

Frank
I second the idea of using Dynabeads.  Just be sure to get the ones for RV / Truck tires, and they will work without special valves or filters on the valve stems.
I put Dynabeads in all six of my new tires two years ago, and they work great.  No problems of any kind and the coach rides and drives very smooth.
CarlGeo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondie1956!
Back
Top Bottom