Tires how low do you go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All measurements have rounding error, seldom does a measurement fall exactly on the mark. The denominator indicates the resolution of the measurement, 1/2 of the expressed unit.

For example, a 4/32" measurement encompasses everything + or - 1/64" from the stated distance.

If you say something is 1/8" deep, that encompasses everything + or - 1/16" from there.

By using 4/32" instead of 1/8" you're providing a measurement that is up to 4 times more precise.
Not in my field, I'm a retired toolmaker. There is no rounding, it either is or isn't the numerical value.

I just bought a 2002 Monaco Monarch from a friend. He said since the RV had been stored inside (a cave, no joke) and the tires weren't UV damaged they would be fine. They looked like new.

They were 13 years old. Yeah, were, now they are 6 months old.

Right now is a good time to buy tires because the supply system got thin and so you are very unlikely to have slightly older tires. Right now is also a bad time to buy tires, because the supply system is a little thin. My tire guy got my tires, but had to have them shipped from 2 different states.

So if you skimp on the tires and blow one it may take a while to get the tire you need.

BTW I drove commercially for several years and almost every tire that blew on me was aged out.

Back
Top Bottom