To slide or not to slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

l&mtripp

Well we decided on our truck/5th wheel pairing... a 2020 GMC 3500HD Denali long bed SRW and a 2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS. Have not bought the hitch yet.
was planning on a B&W Companion slider but with the long bed I am wondering if I need a slider or not. So, I thought I would reach out to my more experienced RVers to help me decide. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Sorry if y'all have answered this question a million times already... did not even think to search.

Long bed, you don't need the slider. The only advantage of a slider in a long bed is so you have more clearance to open the tail gate of the truck and actually stand between it and the trailer when hitched.

Long bed, you don't need the slider. The only advantage of a slider in a long bed is so you have more clearance to open the tail gate of the truck and actually stand between it and the trailer when hitched.
I can stand between my tailgate and the 5er, BUT the nose of the trailer sticks out 2 feet beyond the king pin. So it depends on where the pin box is mounted.

I agree with the comments, no need for slider. Just FYI, I have a B&W companion for a 30ft 5th wheel, and very happy with it. Good luck.

Thanks all. the Denali has the puck system already installed os I'm going with the BW Compainion
non-slider. Thanks!

Thanks all. the Denali has the puck system already installed os I'm going with the BW Compainion
non-slider. Thanks!
gotta love that puck system - i have it in my Ford greatest thing ever - it makes it so easy to remove the hitch both my Curt comes in two pieces the head comes off with 1 pin and the base is just those handles - no rails like in my 2013 - enjoy my 2017 Ford came with a BW Companion hitch i sold to right back to dealer as i didnt want it and somehow it got ordered with the truck as some sort of package? i will stick to my Curt ty lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjay
Back
Top Bottom