Toilet not holding water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

Anyone have any experience with Thetford Toilet Seal Lubricant and Conditioner? I prefer to use something like this rather than remove the toilet and replace the seal. However if replacing the seal is the only long term solution, is there anything I should be aware of before removing the toilet?

This isn't the first time the seal didn't hole water. Previously I was able to move the ball a bit and solve the problem. This time no matter what I do, the seal doesn't work.

Try using a green skotchbrite pad and clean the ball and as much of the seal that you can reach. Then put a thin layer of Vaseline on the ball and cycle it several times. Then turn the water on.

If you have some spray silicone, give it a squirt and work it back and forth. A seal is probably in the near future, Google and watch some videos.

Use a round toilet brush and place it halfway into the ball hole,, then while the water is running spin the brush in the hole,, this gets the upper and lower surfaces of the seal clean and should do the job..>>>Dan ( My seal is 25 years old and still does a great job..)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom