Tomatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oldgator73

I had some tomato plants sprout up in the berm in our front yard. I didn’t plant them there they just came up. Got plenty tomatoes from them for a couple of years but the vines got out of control. I pulled them up and threw them in the fire pit in the back yard and burned them along with some other trash. Yesterday I noticed tomato plants growing in the fire pit. My question is will the tomatoes on those plants be fire roasted?

When I was a kid, my mom planted some tomato plants in the back yard. She figured she would lose 60% to bugs, weather, etc, so she put in 14 plants. All of them survived. We had tomatoes coming out our...

She and my dad were taking boxes full of them to work trying to give them away. That only worked for a little while then everybody was full of tomatoes. So...

Did you know that a big ol' juicy tomato is a real good target for a .22 at 50 yards?

I prefer cherry tomatoes @ 100 yards.
My brother and I preferred Taco Bell hot sauces - they bleed well.

I am also manly enough to admit we had GI Joe dolls. Of course we set them up in cardboard forts and made ramparts and window trim out of taco bell pouches.

Of course, "Action Jackson" and GI Joe's tactical vests was a taped on hot sauce pack - LOL...

One time playing murder GI Joe I spotted a crow on a wire like literally 80 yards away. I elevated the muzzle and let fly. I don't know who was more surprised, the crow I hit or me...

We stopped growing tomatoes upon learning that they, and the leaves of the plants in particular are toxic to dogs.

We stopped growing tomatoes upon learning that they, and the leaves of the plants in particular are toxic to dogs.
Ripe tomatoes are fine for dogs because they are non-toxic. Green tomatoes are a different story. They are bad for dogs if given in large quantities.

Greetings ALL,

When up to your ears in tomatoes simply make tomatoe juice. That's what we use to do with the extra and give them to family. (Oh strain the seeds).

Fry the green tomatoes after cutting and dipping in flour. Salt and pepper and remember they aren't just for breakfast anymore. :)

Ripe tomatoes are fine for dogs because they are non-toxic. Green tomatoes are a different story. They are bad for dogs if given in large quantities.

I love dog foods that advertise they are full of vegetables for your dog.

My dogs sometimes roam at night. They bring back deer feet, possum skulls, random bones.

They've never brought back any carrots.

My dogs sometimes roam at night. They bring back deer feet, possum skulls, random bones.
Sounds like your dogs may be chasing deer. They wouldn’t last too long where I’m from and you probably would never see them again. Hunters back home really frown on that

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom