Torsion axles and camper storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edubb

My camper storage area is not level.  I can level the camper by dropping the tongue down.  Obviously this "compresses" the front axle "spring" (AL-KO torsion), and "extends" the rear axle "spring".  Will this damage the torsion axles for extended storage (weeks or--hopefully not--months)?  Thanks.

RV Roamer said:
Why not just leave the trailer unlevel?  As long as the refrigerator isn't running, it won't care.

I've been going in and out a lot working on things, reading the documentation, etc, my tools and pencils keep rolling away :)  But yeah, I guess when I'm done I can just crank the tongue back up.

I wouldn't worry much about it anyway. Even sitting unlevel, there will be more weight on some wheels than on others. Unless it is extreme, I don't think it will matter one iota in the long run, though it make take 20 miles or so of travel to for the torsion suspension to "remember" it's original state.

Tires get flat on the bottom when sitting, but they round out quite quickly when you begin to drive on them.

Back
Top Bottom