Touchy subject: Are you a drinker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a light hearted thread and I sincerely hope those who choose not to drink or have been hurt by loved ones who do excessively are not offended. We don't drink during the day, certainly not when driving, but have been known to enjoy a 'happy hour' after camp is set up with a glass of Appleton's (or two) ;D Hers with diet Coke, mine straight up over ice. A cold beer is mighty fine too. A night cap never hurts.

The OP (me) was really just interested in the ratio.  Let's face it, a few beers will make it that much easy to meet your neighbor (specially if you see a beer in their hand too).  Another thought I had was on the 'overboard' part, where people tend to get louder than they realize, and potentially bother the close by neighbor as well.  Overall, it's good to know that there is 'happy hour' when camping more often than not.... probably because I'm a bourbon man myself.

After I started the topic, I thought to myself, "surely I'll be the cause of an early drink for some people".

MikeyAustin said:
  After I started the topic, I thought to myself, "surely I'll be the cause of an early drink for some people".

I'll drink to that...

Paul & Ann said:
Some people have what I call "addictive personalities".  Most people dont.  If you have that type of personality, you will find something to be addicted to.

Yep -- that's me.  :(  It's been sad over the years going out at 2:00AM because I have run out earlier. Sometimes I know I've had enough, and can't explain why even then I always want more . . .

Perhaps I should join HDCICA (Hagan Daaz Coffee Ice Cream Anonymous).

After being in a popular program for many years I see a few signs of denial posted. To most people ?A? drink means ONE. With me that meant a starter using an extra large glass with the ?cocktail hour? perhaps on some days starting before 11 AM as the dog that bit me. Alcohol in all forms slowly creeps into many of our lives and seemingly suddenly is the center of many lives the older we get.  After all it did something for us for a long time, unwind, relax and feel good. I personally don?t miss it much but would like at times to sample certain newer beers. Water has always been a successful thirst quencher for me. ;)

My step dad was an alcoholic and it affected his health more than his ability to function. Cirrhosis of the liver killed him at a fairly early age. Not a pretty way to go.  The memory helps keep me from becoming dependent on it.

Visch1, I love water also, I do not need alcohol, just add some hops and barley to water and I will drink it all day long, what could be healthier! ::)

When I was growing up, no one in my family that I know of drank alcohol. When I got in college, I drank some when I went to a party or out on a date, but never if I was driving. Many times I would get a ginger ale which looked like a mixed drink. When I drank I used the concept that I would drink no more alcoholic drinks than I would if I were drinking plain Cokes. Who ever heard someone bragging that he drank a six-pack of Cokes?

Now drinking alcohol is incompatible with all of the medications that I take every day, so it is not an option.

I can count the drinks I have had in my life  on one hand. I have a very addictive personality and recognised it early in life. My vices change from time to time but I treat alcohol like golf. Golf? you may ask, Well I know I will love it so I chose to not start it because when I do I will jump in with both feet.

wayne

Sometimes people ask me why I drink.  When I tell them, they ask me how I get by on so little.  :-\ :-\

Paul

Why is it that some folks who have smoked and/or drank and then quit are so adept at spotting weakness and denial in those who choose to partake?  I think I'll fix a drink and ponder that for awhile. :-\

aka Porky said:
Why is it that some folks who have smoked and/or drank and then quit are so adept at spotting weakness and denial in those who choose to partake?  I think I'll fix a drink and ponder that for awhile. :-\
Since we don't drink or smoke we have a lot of time to analyse other people. ;D

seilerbird said:
Since we don't drink or smoke we have a lot of time to analyse other people. ;D 

Not to mention more money than those who smoke and/or drink. We could make our house payment on what Mike spends on diet Coke and I spend on wine :)

Wendy

PancakeBill said:
I like old sayings, like Pot calling kettle black.  Which I guess now would be considered politically incorrect.

For the full story on Pot v/s Kettle, follow this link. ;)  I especially like the make up of the Supreme Court.

seilerbird said:
If only you had read your sig first.

If everybody stuck to Carson's sig there would be a LOT less posts on this forum...

Porky has it right, wish I had found the uncylclopedia a long time ago.

Carson, fwiw, I see nothing wrong with your question, it was in the same vein as other comments here, just a little friendly teasing.  If I had a hat or a halo on in my picture and you asked me, I would have laughed too, then again, Tom's response is just a little sharper tease based on your sig. 

Ref says no harm no foul.  Everyone to the showers. 

Back
Top Bottom