Tow Mirrors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rickoo

We're considering a 23 foot long, 8 foot wide airstream. How necessary are two mirrors? I have a 2024 Tundra with regular mirrors and wondering what my options are if I need them.

Add on mirrors are available. Easy on and off. Not pretty but they work.
Or you could replace your stock mirrors with towing mirrors.
I would also suggest adding a wireless observation camera to the rear of the trailer. The trailer may already be equipped for one.

The trailer is a lot wider than the Tundra and you need to be able to see around it. Tow mirrors stick out further and are a big improvement in rear visibility. Maybe not absolutely necessary, but very helpful.
As an alternative consider adding a rear camera to the trailer with video connection to your truck. That's a big help too.

No matter what mirrors you get, you will not be able to see directly behind the trailer for probably 100 feet. An observation camera allows you to see everything directly behind you. Once you get used to it you can judge the distance of vehicles approaching from the side.
Lot's of wireless cameras are available. Only wiring is for the camera itself and that can be tapped off a clearance light. Lights on, camera on.
It also helps when backing up.

Add on mirrors are available. Easy on and off. Not pretty but they work.
Or you could replace your stock mirrors with towing mirrors.
I would also suggest adding a wireless observation camera to the rear of the trailer. The trailer may already be equipped for one.
Yep, I tow a trailer perhaps 2X a year with my pickup. I have strap-on mirrors that extend another 6" on each side, they are a huge improvement over the stock mirrors.

Yep, I tow a trailer perhaps 2X a year with my pickup. I have strap-on mirrors that extend another 6" on each side, they are a huge improvement over the stock mirrors.

I carry my CIPA mirrors with me. Don't normally install them though. They are a 'just in case item" used when backing into a tight spot, or in case they are required in a certain state.

Thanks all. There was an available option for tow mirrors on the Tundra. Unfortunately it looks cost prohibitive (if even possible) to add them now.

The truck has cameras all around that show quite a bit. Will also use a camera behind the trailer we choose. It looks like the strap on mirror extenders will be the only option fort now.

Back
Top Bottom