Towing A Honda Element

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudshark

Good Morning All
Looking at a 2011 Honda Element 4WD automatic to tow behind a 36 ft Bounder Class A.
I have towed boats for many years behind cars but never towed a car or towed behind an RV. I am not a fan of "4 down" but not sure I can tow this car with the front wheels on a dolly. Would a flatbed be better? Any suggestions? Ideas?

I've seen ExP (AWD) Elements being towed but there's no way to know what years they were. The running gear on an Element is the same as that found in a CRV, and there are plenty of those being towed up to the 2016 model year (I think).  You're best bet is to post this question on The Element Owners Club.

I have an '06 ExP that I'm probably going to sell in the next few months.

Thanks Guys
It was sold before I could see it.
The search continues...

Look for a CRV then.  Better aerodynamics and gas mileage. 

We have both.  The 'E' gets 23, CRV gets 28. 

The CRV is one of the most popular towed vehicles ever.  Honda really screwed up when they changed the transmission in 2016 to make it non-towable.

Hindsight being what it is, one of the vehicles I regret selling was a Honda Ekemeny. Great utility toad, I had room to put a 5 cubic foot freezer behind the rear seat. Maybe not most comfortable, but check the resale price!

Old Racer said:
Hindsight being what it is, one of the vehicles I regret selling was a Honda Ekemeny. Great utility toad, I had room to put a 5 cubic foot freezer behind the rear seat. Maybe not most comfortable, but check the resale price!

Who makes a tow plate that fits the E?  What year and model was it? 

Was a 2006, I think,  front wheel drive, tow plate was either Remco or trailer supply(?) Been a while, a ford dealer bought it from me for within $1000 of what I paid for it. I get mailings from Trailer place, will try to find one and post actual site.

8Muddypaws said:
Look for a CRV then.  Better aerodynamics and gas mileage. 

We have both.  The 'E' gets 23, CRV gets 28. 

The CRV is one of the most popular towed vehicles ever.  Honda really screwed up when they changed the transmission in 2016 to make it non-towable.

2014 is the last year CR-v AWD & FWD are towable 4 down.  2015 & newer FWD can be towed on a dolly.  Dick 

Back
Top Bottom