Towing and camping with a mid-size pickup truck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ended up with a new Ford Ranger XLT with the FX4 package. Already took one trip to Moab and love it so far.

I can see the rationale of getting a full size over a mid size but I didn’t want to deal with driving such a large vehicle on a daily basis and it wouldn’t fit in my garage very well.

Here it is on its maiden voyage

View attachment 173067

View attachment 173068
Those aren't your father's Ranger's either. Way beefier.

Those aren't your father's Ranger's either. Way beefier.
I definitely like it! Though the windshield is definitely not beefier as it it already cracked. Since it was caused by a rock chip I'm expecting a warranty replacement.

I definitely like it! Though the windshield is definitely not beefier as it it already cracked. Since it was caused by a rock chip I'm expecting a warranty replacement.
Warranty? A stone chip or crack is accidental damage, not a failure of the component. Your insurance is what covers accidental damage.

Warranty? A stone chip or crack is accidental damage, not a failure of the component. Your insurance is what covers accidental damage.
Except it’s not a chip or road damage, just a stress crack, but thanks for the input.

My DW courteously let a gravel truck merge onto the highway just ahead of her. That cost us a $500.00 deductible. These windshields today don't come cheap. I had to have a full tank of gas, tires at correct psi, etc., before dropping it off w/ Safelite. They did a good job though.

He probably omitted the word "not". I've done that sort of thing myself from time to time.
Yup, you are right, my bad. It was NOT caused by a rock chip. There's no chip in the glass and it starts right at the edge of the windshield. Never had this happen before.

Yup, you are right, my bad. It was NOT caused by a rock chip. There's no chip in the glass and it starts right at the edge of the windshield. Never had this happen before.
Hopefully Ford won't give you a hard time over it, I suspect they may.

Back
Top Bottom