towing/rankings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diver110

I  recently looked at rvs, and somewhat to my annoyance liked the layout and light in motorhomes the best (though I have not yet  given up on TT).  Bottom line, how big of a hassle is it to tow a car?

Is there some kind of rough ranking of motorhomes, which are the cadillacs, which the chevys, which to stay away from?

Is there an age to stay away from if buying used.  Is there an optimal age for buying a used one?

Thanks.

diver110 said:
Bottom line, how big of a hassle is it to tow a car?

Not really a hassle if you have the "right" car  and your motorhome is rated to tow the weight. Check out this article and this article in our library.  **

Feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear.

That and you can always tow  a unit with a dolly, even backwards  which I did for years all over the country./  Also always trailers and inclosed trailers as I have now.  Makes it a little long and hard on mileage but if I can't afford it I don't go.

With the right towing equipment and a '4-down towing" vehicle, it is no hassle at all. Well, one hassle: you generally can't back up more than a few feet with a car in tow (because of the geometry of the cars steering system will quickly cause the front wheels to turn to one side or the other).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom