Towing Suzuki Samurai

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonyandgretchen

Hi there, Just moved from Class C to 2006 Damon Challenger Class A.? Pretty excited to set off on first trip.? Looking at getting older Suzuki Samurai to tow, any suggestions.? Just want something cheap that won't need much TLC and won't be hard to get ready to go.? Plus lightweight.? Thanks, The Boyetts ??? ???

Tony & Gretchen

Congratulations on the new coach. Several folks here have towed the Samurai, but I'll let them jump in with their experiences.

Hi Tony & Gretchen,

Welcome to the forum!

A Sammy can be towed four down but they tend to be somewhat tippy if not driven with care. We owned two Geo Trackers ( Suzuki Sidekick) and two Suzuki Grand Vitaras. Both were great. We still have our second GV. I would suggest you try to find a Tracker or Sidekick instead of the Sammy. They are somewhat more stable and slightly larger giving you more room inside and a more comfortable feeling when on the highways. As with ALL SUVs they must be driven with safety in mind. They do not handle quick turns as well as a regular car. However, they are great for RVing since you can drive them anywhere including off roading. We have done a lot of that with ours and it is fun.

Thanks for the previous info.  We did go ahead and buy an older Samurai and have rec'd contradicting info on putting the transfer case in neutral and the tranny in 2nd OR puttiing the transfer case in neutral and the tranny in neutral.

Anybody who has towed one out there that ran into this conflicting info.  Thanks for your help.

Tony

>>We did go ahead and buy an older Samurai and have rec'd contradicting info on putting the transfer case in neutral and the tranny in 2nd OR puttiing the transfer case in neutral and the tranny in neutral.<<

What does your owners manual say...On my 87 Mitsubishi Montero the manual says both tranny & transfer case in neutral.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom