toyota simulator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HA! if only it were that easy of a repair.

I suspect it may be something in a CAN (Controlled Area Network) that is having a malfunction. I saw the thing Nightline did at SIU, but that involved shorting a circuit out. Entirely possible as well, but some of the failures people are reporting seem intermittent.
My humble opinion - We've gotten too electronic in our cars. Fly-by-wire throttles don't impress me.

Sucks for Toyota and those families that have lost loved ones due to this.

My weekday commute vehicle is a 2001 corolla.30 miles per,fun to drive and 85000 miles without a prob ;D.Weekends the exped. comes out to play 8).

You have one of those GM motorhomes? COOL! Seen one in Quartzite, anymore pics. of your motorhome?

The dealer reprogrammed the engine's ECU on my Toyota (really a Lexus ES350).  Go here to see the results.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/5257673-post25.html

vmax1 said:
You have one of those GM motorhomes? COOL! Seen one in Quartzite, anymore pics. of your motorhome?

That one is my dad's. It is a pretty cool old rig. I considered one very much before purchasing the one I got but don't have the time or space to restore one.
Maybe someday.

The dealer reprogrammed the engine's ECU on my Toyota (really a Lexus ES350).  Go here to see the results.

Sounds like a band-aid to me.  How are they sensing that the brake is being applied - monitoring the stoplight switch?  They've been known to fail.

Besides, they don't know what's causing the problem.  If the ECU is stuck in a loop during accidental acceleration, how do they know it will be able to break out of the loop and read the brake switch?  Testing under non-failure conditions reveals nothing.

Lou,

You're correct, it's probably NOT a true failsafe fix.  I'll bet the fly-by-wire systems on aircraft are more fully true fail safe systems.

Maybe Toyota would let me practice in the "Toyota Simulator" shown above?  :)  :) :)

JerryF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom