Transmission fluid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mxdad777

I have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with a Cummins 400 hp and an Allison 6 speed transmission.  I can't seem to find what transmission fluid I should be adding to it.  Can someone tell me what to add?  Also When I went to check the trans fluid level there was no dip stick.  Is there supposed to be a dip stick, or do they take it off because you use the electronics?  According to the electronics it says it's 7 quarts low?  Help???

Here is a thread that is current in the Tech forum on the web site.  It is monitored by an Allison Transmission Tech who has answered tons of questions on folks transmission problems. Head over there and copy your question to him. He usually get back  to you in a day or two.  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=27082.0

A 2005 Allison tranny should have Transynd or equivalent TES295 synthetic fluid.

The dip stick is provided by the chassis builder - I don't know what Roadmaster did about it for your coach.

7 quarts?  Are you sure the tranny was up to temperature and on a level surface when you did the electronic check? Allison says the electronic fluid level is more accurate than a dip stick, which is dependent on how it was positioned and proper mechanical calibration.

Turns out it wasn't 7 quarts low, it was an error code 7.0 stating it was too cool to test.  Once I brought it up to temperature it read OK.  Whew! I was worried there for a minute.  I'm still puzzled by the lack of a dip stick under the red cap.  I swear there used to be one there, but if there was I have no idea where it went.  I'm hoping Monaco took it off so a person has to use the electronic method instead of relying on the dip stick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
#ElijahSn927
Back
Top Bottom