Travel trailer hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aren't all hitches weight distribution,of some degree ??
No, though most of the ones you see hauling RV travel trailers will be. Some examples of hitches that are not WD include the built-in ball mounts in pickup truck bumpers and the Class 1 & 2 hitches found on SUVs and some sedans.

Is a Hensley hitch a weight distribution hitch ?
Yes. The Hensley & Propride hitches include both WD and anti-sway.

Has anyone ever reinforced the hitch on a travel trailer ?

YES. I replaced the hitch coupler the old one was 1 7/8 and the new 2 or 2.5" (Forget which) that was back in my trailer days (like before 2000) the original hitch broke and I originally bolted the new one on then had it welded on.

2019 Heartland pioneer QB300 Tongue bent Friday. No bump , paved road. I thought I had hit a bump and after discovering the bent tongue and retracing my drive I figured out what we felt was the tongue bending yanking my Van up in the air. I know many will say must be overweight. Drove to a cat scale today and I am 1000 pounds Under the Max weight and weight is distributed equally across axles. It is a Lippert Frame. A certified Welder "fixed " it so I could return to the road. I am worried the frame is bent now. the frame will bend now? The slide also suffered damage from the jolt. There are several cracks in the wallpaper in the interior and a wall panel broke away from the wall. I am a single mom traveling with my four kids. 1000 dollar repair with a 1000 dollar deductible. On the phone I suspected by the chain of questions Progressive is going to try and wiggle out of any assistance in repairing the other damage. Any input ?

I replied in your other thread located here:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom