Travel Trailer Stone Guards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PerroSucio

I have the “Rock Solid” Stone Guards. Coming home from our last trip down a gravel road, I watched in my mirror as the stones skipped under the guard and peppered my front frame, diamond plate, and even hitting the siding above the diamond plate. When the trailer is on the hitch, there is barely an inch between the bottom of the guard and the road. My top speed on the gravel was 40 Kilometres per hour.
The last pic shows a guard that sounds promising, anybody have any experience with this ??

Attachments

• 74F85EDF-8C92-48F0-B509-F0B36864E79D.jpeg
    74F85EDF-8C92-48F0-B509-F0B36864E79D.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 87AE99A3-D5FC-4BD9-AA1C-72D6ECA9866C.jpeg
    87AE99A3-D5FC-4BD9-AA1C-72D6ECA9866C.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 10
  • AEBAC3FA-34DD-497B-AE0D-36A2213CB430.jpeg
    AEBAC3FA-34DD-497B-AE0D-36A2213CB430.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 13
  • D4DD0C4A-D092-4F84-AB74-EF9FA16A5BBD.png
    D4DD0C4A-D092-4F84-AB74-EF9FA16A5BBD.png
    302.8 KB · Views: 12
I have Rock Tamers they are solid flaps.you cut them to size hieght ways. They are 24 inches wide and the mounting bars are adjustable to make them wider to cover more tire width ie if you have a dually and the bars allow you to adjust the offset against the back of the truck.
You can also buy replacement parts of you bend a mounting bar or something.

Anyways travelling somewhere between Swift Current Sask and Brandon Man we had to drive over fresh yellow line paint to avoid line painters at 3.30 am who were stopped on hwy 1 with no flashing lights.
Kept all the paint of my trailer but my wheel wells were a mess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-152151_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-152151_Chrome.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 6
I have Rock Tamers they are solid flaps.you cut them to size hieght ways. They are 24 inches wide and the mounting bars are adjustable to make them wider to cover more tire width ie if you have a dually and the bars allow you to adjust the offset against the back of the truck.
You can also buy replacement parts of you bend a mounting bar or something.

Anyways travelling somewhere between Swift Current Sask and Brandon Man we had to drive over fresh yellow line paint to avoid line painters at 3.30 am who were stopped on hwy 1 with no flashing lights.
Kept all the paint of my trailer but my wheel wells were a mess.
I’ve seen those on peoples trucks, and I’m thinking on a gravel road, I might have the same problem. The last photo I put in my thread shows a guard similar to what you might see on the front of a snowmobile or quad trailer, though I’ve never seen one on a truck with a travel trailer. The website in the photo is apparently from Australia, and I can’t find anything similar in North American…

I have had experience with several similar products when we were towing a vehicle behind our two motorhomes, which is a very similar situation. I found that while those products do help some, there are really only two methods that I know of which actually worked to protect the vehicle being towed. One was a shield that mounts to the front of the towed vehicle, and the second was the underskirt devices.
1635179641733.jpeg 1635179669714.jpeg
I have never seen either of these designed for use on a travel trailer. Devices that hang below the rear of the tow vehicle probably help some, but are not even close to what these devices do.

I have had experience with several similar products when we were towing a vehicle behind our two motorhomes, which is a very similar situation. I found that while those products do help some, there are really only two methods that I know of which actually worked to protect the vehicle being towed. One was a shield that mounts to the front of the towed vehicle, and the second was the underskirt devices.
View attachment 149794 View attachment 149795
I have never seen either of these designed for use on a travel trailer. Devices that hang below the rear of the tow vehicle probably help some, but are not even close to what these devices do.
I kinda like this idea, but they are in Australia…..

Back
Top Bottom