Travel Trailers Not to Buy???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am purchasing a springdale by keystone.  This purchase is two fold.  My daughter is going to live in as temp arrangement for a couple of months.  This is why I'm buying such a large trailer.  When this arrangement is complete I would like to take the trailer out to several different places, but the trailer is approx 38' ext. length. will I have problems pulling with a 3/4 ton dodge? And will I find many restrictions in parks because of it's length?  Also any knowledge re-guarding the type of trailer will be appreciated.  Thanks

38ers' are NOT really for towing, unless you have at least for mid-sized TRUCK like a F449 Chassis or larger.  Now your expense can relly build.  Try sticking to 32'er or smaller and then you might have enough truck, but before buying I would give all the truck and trailer specs to John and Gary and the rest of the guys that know what will work.  These guys definately know what they are talking about.  JMHO

You will probably be at the top end of the capabilites of a 3/4Ton, if not over. That's one big trailer. As far as length restrictions, yes, you will encounter them. Very few national and state parks can handle much over 32', but you probably won't have much of a problem at most private rv parks. I've been in a couple state parks with my 37' fiver ... management said their sites can handle that OK ... the squeeze came in the form of getting to the sites - narrow roads, oodles and gobs of trees on the edge of the road, narrow access to the sites themselves due to trees.

Larry

donald said:
I am purchasing a springdale by keystone.  This purchase is two fold.  My daughter is going to live in as temp arrangement for a couple of months.  This is why I'm buying such a large trailer.  When this arrangement is complete I would like to take the trailer out to several different places, but the trailer is approx 38' ext. length. will I have problems pulling with a 3/4 ton dodge? And will I find many restrictions in parks because of it's length?  Also any knowledge re-guarding the type of trailer will be appreciated.  Thanks

Will you have problems pulling a 38 footer with a 3/4 T Dodge.  Well I would give long money that you surely will.  But let's get specific:  What is the GVWR of the trailer?  What are the specs --  year. engine, rear end, tranny, and cab config of the Dodge?    Finally where do you plan to tow with the unit?      Get those numbers and let's talk real numbers.

Remember the rule we preach around here, if you have the trailer, fit the truck.  If you have the truck, fit the trailer.  A 38 footer is as big a trailer as you can get, it will require really big truck.

Back
Top Bottom