Travelling between Quebec City and Maine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chunter

Can you cross the border in a motor home between Quebec City and Maine on CA/173 and US 201?? If so anyone with experience please add any helpful info on the route as far South as I-95.

Travelling through the Beauce on 173 through Jackman and 201 to I 95 is a major transporatation route for trucks and most traffic to and from Quebec City to Maine.  You'll have no problem at all.

Once you get to I 95 are you travelling north or south?

Are you in Quebec City now and do you need any travel info for the area?

We are currently in Niagara Falls.? Will be leaving here on Tuesday (Aug 9) and stopping in the 1000 Lakes region, then to Montreal, arriving in Quebec City on August 17.? Will be visiting the Prevost Factory on the 18th, but need info for the period from the 19th to the 22nd.? Any info would be appreciated.[br]Date Posted: August 07, 2005, 09:18:45 PM

stopping in the 1000 Lakes region

Do you mean Thousand Islands?

Are you traveling on the New York side or on the Canadian side on 401?? ?Choose your travel time carefully in crossing Toronto, to be off peak hours.

The only park I can recommend in Montreal is Park Mont Laval.? Any other Montreal area CG is problematic...will be glad to provide more details if required.

While in Quebec City, you can stay for 3 nights free at Ste Anne de Beaupr?, on the north shore about thirty miles east of Quebec City.? Dry Camping, but a great location.? Water and dump$ is available.? ?Otherwise the Quebec City KOA is your best choice.

If you have extra time, take a day trip to St. Jean Port Joli to see the unique wood sculptures displayed in scores of studios.? The three hundred year old churches in St. Jean and L'Islet as worth seeing as well as the maritime museum in L'islet.

Visit the Old Town in Quebec City, taking the shuttle bus from the KOA. 

Drop a note to Jim Dick on the Forum about visiting the Prevost factory.

If you travel on 401, there is a Flying J at Napannee Ontario as well as Dorion, Quebec, just west of Montreal.

On the way to Quebec City are a couple of truck stops.? You have the choice of traveling to Quebec City on the north shore (Hwy 40) or the South Shore (Hwy20).

If you stay in Mont Laval, take the north shore route, so you won't have to cross the really bad traffic of Montreal...another good reason to stay in Laval.

I can provide you with more detail on any of the above if you let me know what you need.

I've attached a txt file to this reply for your interest.? It is a glossary of French RV related terminology for use in Quebec in case you get stuck.? Shouldn't happen, but just in case.

Finally have a look at This Posting which may be of interest.

Attachments

• FRENCH.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom