Trip from ILL to Utah new members of the RV community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. Any Walmart's parking lot?
No. You have to call beforehand or go into the store and speak to a manager. Some Walmart’s don’t allow it because of local ordinances.
Also please don’t treat like you’re camping. Don’t take out the lawn chairs, grill or fire ring. And don’t leave any of your trash behind. You don’t want to ruin it for anyone else in the future.

In the immediate Denver area, there's not much. North of Denver, near Longmont is St. Vrain State Park, but you so often need reservations made 6 months in advance (others gobble them up quickly). Boyd Lake State Park is between Loveland and Ft. Collins, but the same potential problem. There's A KOA just north of Ft. Collins, Riverview on the west side of Loveland (and a couple of others there), and RV Retreat at Johnson's Corners, along with more campgrounds around Colorado Springs and south and west, but nothing that I know of in Denver itself.

The Walmart idea might work but, as was said above, first ask the store manager. And if they OK it, we usually like to make some purchase there if possible. Sometimes a Cracker Barrel will have some room (120th Ave. exit from I-25) behind the store, too.

The Allstays web site (and their app if you have it on iOS) is a pretty good source for info, too: https://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds/Colorado-campgrounds.htm

The Closer to Denver, the less likely a WalMart will be to provide overnight parking.
Several of the cities north of Denver have Ordinances against RV overnight parking.

There is a Cracker Barrel at US-34 and I-25 that has RV slots in the back. Get off I-25 at US 34, West to the next
Loveland RV Resort is at the same exit. They cater to a lot of Traveling Medical personnel working at the Medical Center of the Rockies, though and can fill up pretty fast.

But a lot depends on the route you are taking. If you want to stay along I-80, for example, Holiday RV Park at North Platte, NE is a good, year-round park. Pine Bluffs , at the Wyoming-Nebraska state line has a nice little park with friendly people.
And on I-76 heading towards Denver from I-80, There are a couple of RV parks at Sterling CO, US 6 and I-76
Also Pony Express RV Park at Julesburg, CO

The Closer to Denver, the less likely a WalMart will be to provide overnight parking.
Several of the cities north of Denver have Ordinances against RV overnight parking.

There is a Cracker Barrel at US-34 and I-25 that has RV slots in the back. Get off I-25 at US 34, West to the next
Loveland RV Resort is at the same exit. They cater to a lot of Traveling Medical personnel working at the Medical Center of the Rockies, though and can fill up pretty fast.

But a lot depends on the route you are taking. If you want to stay along I-80, for example, Holiday RV Park at North Platte, NE is a good, year-round park. Pine Bluffs , at the Wyoming-Nebraska state line has a nice little park with friendly people.
And on I-76 heading towards Denver from I-80, There are a couple of RV parks at Sterling CO, US 6 and I-76
Also Pony Express RV Park at Julesburg, CO
Thank you everyone for great ideas! I really appreciate your suggestions

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom