Trouble retracting manual slide out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnoonan923

Hello, I have a 02 jayco that I have been repairing. The slide was stuck out when I got it due a couple of broken roll pins. The roll pins are now replaced but have a new issue . There is no electric or hydraulic slide, this is a hand crank only. If I extend it all the way out I need to get under the camper with an adjustable wrench to start the cranking process. Is this because of alignment, or is there something else at play?

Last edited:
Do you mean that the crank will not work until it is part way in? Could it be that you are extending it too far? Perhaps some type of stop that needs adjusted?

Yes. I also should have mentioned it's a flush slide. I suppose that could be the problem,bi hope not because because boy would I feel stupid. I will update tomorrow after trying it. Thank you

Yes. I also should have mentioned it's a flush slide. I suppose that could be the problem,bi hope not because because boy would I feel stupid. I will update tomorrow after trying it. Thank you
Sorry for the delay in my response. I'm not over extending, I think it a vertical alignment issue. I have adjusted alignments on campers with a power slide but never on a manual one. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom