TrueAir thermostat zapped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thumpergirl

Hi, I don't even know exactly where to look for help on this so I'm posting here.

I have a 2002 Winn Adventurer and it has a power panel, and part of that power panel is the TrueAir Residential Central Heating and Air Conditioning control (Coleman-Mach, I think it might be a 6535-3452 or 3342 model, but not sure).

Anyway, a few weeks ago I went to turn on the heater and I zapped it with static electricity that was apparently built up on me. As soon as it hit the control box, the display went blank and appeared to have turned off as if no power were reaching it. I recycled the main power and the display came back on. Now the problem seems to be that the temperature does not reach the set point. And it seems to be intermittent. I have been running on electric so tried propane and same result. Now it's been fairly cold inside when I turn the heat on (around 40-47 degrees according to display) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. And when I run on electric sometimes I get heat from the ceiling vents and sometimes from the floor vents. Can anyone help me with this?

I've included a photo of what the unit looks like.

Thanks very much

Attachments

• trueair.JPG
    trueair.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 18
There should be 12 volts feeding the thermostat. Usually the red wire, but RV builders aren't very good at color coding wiring.if 12 volts is being fed to the stat, but no display, I would think it's fried. If it has to be replaced, you can also use some Honeywell digital t-stats, but lose high/low capability for the fan unless you add an extra switch.

Regarding sometimes getting heat from the floor (gas furnace), if the room temperature is 4 degrees or more less than the set temperature,  the gas furnace will fire to speed up the heating.
To reset your thermostat you can try turning off 12 volts with the house battery disconnect for about 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom