Trusting your mechanic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipepro

I've gone to this dealer a few times and I always get the same guy which is good because I trust him. But last fall I had a hydraulic hose break and he fixed it and as it sat during the winter I noticed a leak. I just thought I'd take it back for a tightening but I got this other mechanic and he said I have to change the other hose on the same leveler. Then this guy calls me and tells me all 6 of my tires have dry rot after only 6 years. It is hard to trust somebody when thousands of dollars have to change hands on their word.

It's easy to trust someone if they can show you the problem. Assuming this guy didn't dismount and inspect the inside of the tires, any dry rot would be visible on the outside of the tires and he would be able to show you so you can make an informed decision.

Just replaced tires that were 6 years old for someone about a week or 2 ago because they were weather cracked pretty badly. I have also replaced some 20+ year old tires recently that looked surprisingly good. Like Skookum said if he can show you the problem you can trust him but if he can't then it is a different story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbo1502001!
Back
Top Bottom