Tv problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prento

Hi all I am changing the tv in the bedroom for one with a larger screen, the old one runs absolutely fine it has a power lead and ariel that goes in the ant socket (see photo)I have taken the Ariel out of the old tv and put it in the new tv (the one standing up)ant socket but have no picture,I?ve been through all the tv settings but had no luck,the picture comes from the front tv that works fine on the sky sat dish,anybody got some ideas

What make & model tv is it?  The signal source is part of the TV's set-up, but they are all different.

You will need to find the set-up for the Antenna input and select that, then have the ATSC tuner run a scan to identify what stations are present on the antenna input.

Be aware that not all new tvs even have antenna tuners, but yours presumably does if there is an ANTenna input jack on the back.

Ahh, a UK version of the Panasonic. You're in the UK then? If, by chance, you're the U.S.  then your TV may be a wrong model and be unable to receive NTSC/ATSC signals, needing PAL instead.

Otherwise, though, it definitely has a choice between cable and off the air reception so, as Gary said you need to be sure you've made the proper choice there, and you need to have run the channel scan in your current location.

I found an online manual for that TV: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1024594/Panasonic-Tx-32c300b.html?page=18#manual

Many thanks all for your inputs I?ve now sorted it out by running ?first time start up scan?BUT now still got problems with the new tv snowy picture that I had with the last tv thinking it?s old and knackered,
I run off a oyster dish on the roof through a sky hd box the front tv is absolutely fine and clear as was the old rear one but now gone all snowy,I?ve checked the Ariel cable and settings,any ideas?would a booster cure it?is there something with the United Kingdom signal?

You probably have coax cable to the rear tv and it has become faulty, e.g. a corroded connector or poor internal connection between the wire and the end-connector. Could be an intervening splitter as well - I've had them go bad and introduce snow.  Try running some fresh coax from the front signal source to the rear tv, just run it down the hallway as a test. If the picture clears up, you can dig in to fix or replace the existing wiring.

Back
Top Bottom