two a/c fans on left rear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itchn2go

Is there a easy way to test these fans to see if they work satisfactoraly??

Thats the dash AC turn it to high and if they don't turn on, you can temporarily place a piece of cardboard on the other side of the coil to block the air flow but don't leave it in place.

If it is the condenser fans for the dash air and they are designed like mine....then they have a high pressure switch that operates the fan motors, switching them on and off as needed. Hope yours was built better than mine. The ac dryer was installed backward at the factory.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Dash air?  I thought the Journey was a rear radiator design? The two fans should be for the basement house air.

Basement air is on the right rear, chassis A/C is on the left rear.

You can't see the engine fan or house ac fan from the outside

IF we are talking about the fans in the air conditioning system (basement models), there is usually a 'Fan" switch on the thermostat that can be turned on and will operate the inside fans at low and high speeds. Just listening from outside or inside should tell you if they work as expected without the compressor noise interfering. The airflow out the vents would help too. If you have the means, you could measure the current draw and check that against the specs.

They cannot be observed visually otherwise. The OP did not specify what prompted him to check the 'fans' and that might have helped in the diagnosis.

Basement air is on the right rear, chassis A/C is on the left rear.

Thanks - I learned something today. Never noticed it was set up that way on a Winnie. My rig is a side radiator, so all the fans are on the left rear anyway.

Back
Top Bottom