Unable to program key fob 2006 E450

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wellcraft270

Have a 2007 Four Winds Class C M31F with 2006 E450 chassis. Tried programming a key fob but won't go into the programming mode using the directions from the owners manual shown below. Does anyone know if the ability to program the key fob is not available for certain models, or a different procedure to get into programming mode?

Here are the directions I have been trying:
1. Place the key in the ignition and turn from the (2) LOCK position to (3) OFF. 2. Cycle eight times rapidly (within 10 seconds) between the (3) OFF position and (4) ON. Note: The eighth turn must end in the (4) ON position. 3. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been activated. 4. Within 20 seconds press any button on the remote entry transmitter. Note: If more than 20 seconds have passed you will need to start the procedure over again. 5. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that this remote entry transmitter has been programmed. 6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to program each additional remote entry transmitter (up to four transmitters). 7. Turn the ignition to the (3) OFF position after you have finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters. 8. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been exited.

It is my understanding some class c manufactures order cut away chassis with out the electronics to work with key fobs.  On my 2005 e350 Winnebago I was able to buy key fobs from Discount Keyless in Oakhurst NJ & ordered thru Amazon which I could program.  August 2013 in the class c forum on rv.net this was discussed in detail.  Dick nvrver

Thanks for the response.  I purchased a key fob but unable to do anything with it since it won't go into programming mode.  As you mentioned, am guessing the programming feature may be disabled.  From research on other forums, there is no mention of separate electronics but some seem to believe it is controlled by a setting in the PCM.  Wondering if others have encountered this and found a way to enable the programming mode.

Wellcraft270 said:
Thanks for the response.  I purchased a key fob but unable to do anything with it since it won't go into programming mode.  As you mentioned, am guessing the programming feature may be disabled.  From research on other forums, there is no mention of separate electronics but some seem to believe it is controlled by a setting in the PCM.  Wondering if others have encountered this and found a way to enable the programming mode.
Two words (scan tool) local tech may help? Most have an Minimal fee?

quote from William52 "Two words (scan tool) local tech may help? Most have an Minimal fee?" 

What good would a scan tool do? 
Prior to purchasing my Key Fobs I was able to get my e350 to go into the program mode.  My understanding there is a module with antenna that can be deleted to save manufactures some money.  Dick nvrver

William52, don't think you understand, Ford owners manual gives you a procedure on programming key fobs.  Do you have an e350 or e450?
Dick 

So doe's Dodge and don't work per manual on my Dakota LOL. Find a guy with the scan tool that will reprogram your keys. My scan tool won't do mine and I won't pay dealer. You will call many shops before you find one that can do it. These scanner's are pricey. Or just call dealer first we know they can and go from there. You may find a guy for less $$$. Good luck Dick

William52 I was able to program the key fobs I purchased from the info in the Ford owners manual back in 2013 and I am still using them today.  No scan tool was or is necessary.  Dick

Thanks for the responses.  It is an E450.  One of the replies referred to what I assume are different models that have physical keys with the fob integrated which may require a programmable scan tool but this is just the standard three button key factory Ford fob.  Programming instructions are in the owner's manual with a picture of the fob.  Guessing the responses about not having the capability to go into programming mode, and possibly no antenna to pick up the fob signals, were an option not selected when the chassis was purchased by Thor to save money is correct. 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom