Unlimited data hotspot plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NY_Dutch said:
Is your iPad your only AT&T device? Or is the plan an add-on to an unlimited Family Plan for instance?

I have two AT&T mobley plans, our cell phones are T-mobile and verizon. ( diversity when travelling )

New Visible PartyPay rules, recently, allow parties of unlimited members. Same lowest $25/mo as the 4 member group but the huge parties that are forming will negate the issue of folks going and coming to the party. (y)
One down side for me will be when I return home, on the Canadian Border, and the Verizon/Visible phones go to a Canadian tower; likely Visible will be unusable as a hotspot for data.

New Visible PartyPay rules, recently, allow parties of unlimited members. Same lowest $25/mo as the 4 member group but the huge parties that are forming will negate the issue of folks going and coming to the party. (y)
One down side for me will be when I return home, on the Canadian Border, and the Verizon/Visible phones go to a Canadian tower; likely Visible will be unusable as a hotspot for data.
The Visible website only shows calling TO Canada and Mexico, not from/within them. You do need to enable it for your account though.

sorry, I forgot to mention that is with AT&T

I've had said plan for 8 months now without issue.
There has been reports coming out that the plan is no longer being offered by AT&T to new customers. After 30 gig (?) it is being cut to like darn near useless.

Are you using it in a tablet or slipping the SIM into a hotspot? I'll be surprised if yours doesn't disappear all of a sudden. Hope I'm wrong.

Yes, fortunately you are wrong... the updated plan now has a 10 GB limit for hotspot, however, the data plan for the iPad is still unlimited. iPads ( unless jailbroken ) tell when the device is tethered or used for hotspot use.
I have the older "Access for iPad 4G" plan that is now grandfathered. new customers will have unlimited data on the iPad and 10 GB with hotspot use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom