Value for 1986 RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

durangotreasure

Hello, I see you're online and I'm looking for some information about blue book value of an RV, I'm going to look at an older one today 1986 and nada only goes to 1990 can you refer me to another market value area, so I have some idea what this RV is worth before I go talk to this man?  I know this is the wrong area for this, but I was trying to find someone who was online. THanks

[edit]This topic was split off and the subject changed to reflect the content. 
Also: Anyone who is online can see any & all messages, so it is not necessary to post into a thread with a recent message [/edit]

For RVs over 10 years old, condition is essentially the only factor in determining market value, so the "blue books" do not attempt to set values by year.  Use the information for the oldest year available for that model (or similar model) and deduct for ANY necessary repairs.  On an 196, you most likely need tires (age is important, not tread depth)  and there is a fair possibility that the refrigerator could fail at any time (another very expensive replacement). 

If its a motorhome, the condition of the engine and transmission are crucial as well. Also plan on replacing the fan belts and changing out the transmission & brake fluids.  Tires that look good but are 6 or more years old should be replaced immediately.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom