Value of 2001 Bounder 34J

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drmotorhead

I recently purchased a Bounder 34J, 2001 that now has 18k miles the V10 ford.  It is immaculate and everything works except the leveling jacks.  What is a fair price to sell to a friend?
I am just not sure what it is worth.
Thanks,
Brad

Brad

>> What is a fair price to sell to a friend?<<

Most knowlegable buyers won't pay more that used wholesale(what a dealer would give you on trade). Go to a library in the reference section & ask for the dealers Kelly Blue book or Nada guide.

The NADA Guides are also accessible online at http://www.nadaguides.com They have the 34J listed for 2001.

Tom, do you know if the NADA guides on the web are the same as the dealers have?  I seem to recall hearing somewhere that there are two "sets of books".

You must of heard that from a salesman and you know you just can't believe salespersons.  I think this is what I would classify as HOGWASH. ;D

Robert, I honestly don't know the answer. I think Ron might have an opinion on it though.

Looks to be worth 34K and 46K less the jack problem which could be 100 to 1200 bucks as per the books.  First and foremost you need someone to buy it.  Good Luck.

Tom

>>The NADA Guides are also accessible online at http://www.nadaguides.c<<

That guide doesn't give you the wholesale price...You have to purchase the book for around $100, or go to the Library reference section & view it like I do.? At this time no smart buyers will pay the price of listed on the on-line guides..wholesale or LOWER is about the best you can hope for unless you are lucky & find an uninformed buyer.? I sure wouldn't sell a FRIEND a RV over wholesale.

Ron

>> I think this is what I would classify as HOGWASH.<<

The on-line guide is not the same one that you purchase...It doesn't give you the wholesale price which is what a dealer will give you at tops....it will usually be lower. The on-line Nada guide only gives you low & average retail prices.

Terry A. Brewer said:
That guide doesn't give you the wholesale price...You have to purchase the book for around $100

Thanks Terry, I keep forgetting that.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure I'd sell an RV to a friend.

Tom

>>Meanwhile, I'm not sure I'd sell an RV to a friend.<<

Me either...I sold a car to a friend once & it was a horrible experience.

Terry,

When we traded the old Pace for the Camelot, I wouldn't even sell the Pace to the dealer. It had serious roof damage and I didn't want to be responsible for passing along the problem to an unsuspecting buyer. I had to take the obligatory $1 from the dealer to make it a valid transaction, but I listed all the known problems and had a "bought as-is" statement from the dealer.

The dealer in turn contacted a wholesaler and had him come to our house to pick up the Pace, since we were 50 or so miles closer to the wholesaler than the dealer. It was clear that this guy was going to do the minimum he could get away with (aka nothing) before putting the coach up for sale.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Ron

>> I think this is what I would classify as HOGWASH.<<

The on-line guide is not the same one that you purchase...It doesn't give you the wholesale price which is what a dealer will give you at tops....it will usually be lower. The on-line Nada guide only gives you low & average retail prices.

That is true but knowing what the retail value is is a great help.  If I need to know the wholesale price of a vehicle a call to my friendly bank will get me that information.

I looked up the price of a 2001 class "A" at the bank on NADA and found wholesale of $44,900 and retail of $57300.  Then I went to the public NADA and found low retail $47560 and ave. retail $57300.  So the two sites use different terminology but the $$ are pretty much the same.  I did not look up the Bounder. 
Rollie

As  a former sales mgr of auto and Rv sales, place aprice that you want for it and go from there, If you're too high, the publice will tell you in a hurry. 
The value of a vehicle is what you can get for it and what someone else will pay. 
There is no set price, it's were 2 people agree on a price.  And I would never sell to a close friend or relative unless in the business and then qujirm when I did.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom