vegetarian sloppy joes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

Tried a new to me product and we enjoyed the resultant glop:
Fantastic brand vegetarian sloppy joe mix, found in the health food section of Safeway. 80 cal/ one fifth of a box. Instructions call for 12 oz water and a 6 oz can of tomato paste.

I started with a huge chopped onion and a chopped jalape?o pepper.
Nuke in microwave for 5+ min till soft.
Add official ingredients plus a drained rinsed can of beans ( I used salt free pintos). Nuke 5 more minutes, rest 3-5 min, serve.

I had some tostado shells, so used them with some shredded lettuce, black olive slices and slivered cheese. Regular buns have too much carb for me.

Yum,

Russ is a very good cook.  I will try the vegetarian sloppy Joe when I can find it! But he really doctors it up well!

Betty Brewer

How could they call that glop, Sloppy Joes....There was no meat & no hamburger bun.? I had a TV dinner.<G>

I think they sound good, but then I don't eat red meat. You can also make very tasty sloppy joes with lentils...very healthy, too. Of course, I don't skip the bun but the tostada shell sounds like an interesting variation. Fantastic brand also makes a good vegetarian taco mix. And Morningstar's vegetarian burger crumbles is great for anything you use ground beef in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom