Verizon offers $40 unlimited internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I sighned up to try visible,been 2 Wks and have not gotten the sim card.
The hotspot only supports one device. Is there a device to connect so more than one device can use it.
They say that the one device is for now.
If it doesn't work out it is supposed to be easy to cancel.

Robert K said:
Well I sighned up to try visible,been 2 Wks and have not gotten the sim card.
The hotspot only supports one device. Is there a device to connect so more than one device can use it.
They say that the one device is for now.
If it doesn't work out it is supposed to be easy to cancel.

Lots of refurbished iPhones are available at reasonable prices.  Fry?s electronics, Amazon, eBay etc.

Lou Schneider said:
Most likely not, the real reason behind Visible is to get experience re-programming phones to make phone calls using VoLTE instead of the CDMA network.  This makes the plan hardware and operating system specific, which is why it's only available for iPhones so far.

I suspected this might be the case. Thanks

I just switched to Visible $40/month for unlimited everything. Their data is limited to 5 Mb/s and you can only connect one device at a time to the hotspot. You can only have one cell phone on an account. If you want two  or more phones you will need multiple accounts, each costing $40. If you can live with these limitations, it's a great bargain.

Porting my number was a simple process, BUT you better hope you never have a problem because their customer support is a joke. The only means of contacting them is by chat session or text message. You can not call them.

You need a WiFi connection to get started. I activated my phone on Tuesday and all seemed to go well until I discovered I had talk and text but no internet. I was using my old phone for my internet connection and since that phone now has no service, I no longer have internet and there is no information on how to text message them. I head for my library to get a WiFi connection and start a chat session. After about an hour of trying various things with no resolution, it is deemed that I have a serious problem and my case will be "expedited" and someone will contact me in 3 to 5 days. Yes that's days not hours. It is now Saturday morning and I have been to the library three times to check status of my ticket. Each time I get the same run-around stating they are working on my problem. During my last chat session on Thursday I asked if a factory reset might be an option. After several chat sessions and text messages no one had suggested a factory reset. I did a reset and all is now working. I haven't told them that I fixed the problem. It is now Saturday morning and have not heard from them yet.

To get around the one device connection to the hotspot, I'm using a GL.iNet GL-AR150 Mini Travel Router. You can pick one up on Amazon for $26.

https://www.amazon.com/GL-iNet-Pre-installed-Performance-Compatible-Programmable/dp/B01FJ4S9JK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=ar-150&qid=1559390401&s=gateway&sr=8-3

So, if you intend to keep your existing phone number, DO NOT port it over to start with. Once everything is working then port your number.

FWIW, Visible has ramped up their service and is now offering a couple of bargains on phones set up and ready to use on their service.

You can get a ZTE "Visible R2" phone free if you trade in an unlocked Android phone that turns on, or $99 otherwise.  An iPhone SE is $100 and other iPhones and Samsung Galaxy 9 phones range from a couple hundred dollars up to a kilobuck for the iPhone XE.

If you transfer your existing phone number to the Visible phone you can get a Prepaid Mastercard "virtual account" after two months service.  $200 for a phone costing >$400, $100 for a phone costing less or if you bring your own phone.

You can also bring your own Android or iPhone to Visible if it's compatable.  They'll ask for it's IMEI number when you apply and then tell you if it's eligible or not.

I went with the swap when I ordered my phone. My ZTE phone arrived Tuesday with no instructions for returning old phone and no return label. I hope this doesn't add to the grief I've already had with their customer support, or should I say non-support. I was informed they would contact me within 3 to 5 days. Today is day 5 and no contact yet.

I have been using Visible for 2 months with no problems. My cell service @my house is poor but it works.i can stream Amazon prime with some buffering but not terrible.
I am connecting up to 4 devices (not streaming just surfing). I keep my wyze camera connected all the time or the Iphone 6 hotspot goes to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom