Verizon Prepaid $65 Unlimited Jetpack DataPlan Ends 5/21/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DutchEagle

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2015
Posts
358
Location
Woodbury Minnesota USA
Bought the plan and the MiFi 8800L today at a Verizon store. Awesome plan $70 a month, when you sign up for autopay it's $65 a month, no fees. Real unlimited data use however throttling in a congested area. 

Make sure you have the hardware  AND the plan that is activated before May 21st otherwise you might be out of luck!
 

garyb1st

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2010
Posts
4,121
Location
Southern California
We've had the unlimited plan for about a year.  It's usable when throttled but probably not much faster than our old 3G service.  And if you're in the city it's probably going to be limited. 
 

DutchEagle

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2015
Posts
358
Location
Woodbury Minnesota USA
garyb1st said:
We've had the unlimited plan for about a year.  It's usable when throttled but probably not much faster than our old 3G service.  And if you're in the city it's probably going to be limited.
3G will be retired soon I heard. I know I'm on the lowest priority when a tower is congested. Other than that you cannot beat the truly unlimited data use.

As reported by Droid Life, Verizon confirmed that it will stop activating 3G CDMA devices as it prepares to discontinue service on that network by the end of 2019. ... Virtually all traffic on our network is on our 4G LTE network,? Verizon said in a statement to Droid Life.Jul 17, 2018
 

NY_Dutch

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 22, 2010
Posts
7,821
Location
Where our wheels take us!
DutchEagle said:
Bought the plan and the MiFi 8800L today at a Verizon store. Awesome plan $70 a month, when you sign up for autopay it's $65 a month, no fees. Real unlimited data use however throttling in a congested area.

Make sure you have the hardware  AND the plan that is activated before May 21st otherwise you might be out of luck!

I've had the $65 unlimited prepaid Jetpack plan since January, and even for those brief times network management has kicked in on congested towers, it hasn't affected streaming TV programming. We should be clear that "network management" is NOT the same as throttling. Throttling reduces your speed to fixed low level, usually 600Kbps on Verizon, typically for the duration of your payment period. Network management on the other hand simply reduces your tower access priority on a very busy tower, but only for the period of the congestion. The $65 prepaid Jetpack plan is network managed, not throttled...
 

DutchEagle

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 9, 2015
Posts
358
Location
Woodbury Minnesota USA
NY_Dutch said:
I've had the $65 unlimited prepaid Jetpack plan since January, and even for those brief times network management has kicked in on congested towers, it hasn't affected streaming TV programming. We should be clear that "network management" is NOT the same as throttling. Throttling reduces your speed to fixed low level, usually 600Kbps on Verizon, typically for the duration of your payment period. Network management on the other hand simply reduces your tower access priority on a very busy tower, but only for the period of the congestion. The $65 prepaid Jetpack plan is network managed, not throttled...
Semantics, I'm so guilty............  :) but you are correct! 
 
Top Bottom