Veterans Day Special at Applebees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Applebees (free meal Wed 11/11). Also Golden Corral (free meal Mon 11/9). Remember, the DAV will be at most of these restaurants and you should, if you can, donate the cost of the meal or what you can afford.

Wendy
proud Army veteran married to a Marine (sorry, he was so cute I couldn't resist)

Good idea, Windy.  Take the price of the free meal and give it to the DAV. 

I bet my VFW card will do.  Yummmm, chicken tenders.........................

Thanks for the info.

That's really nice of them. Unfortunately, all I'd have is a copy of an old DD214 discharge and they don't take that. Good for the more recent folks, though.

Wendy, if my DD214 and my dog tags aren't acceptable, I don't want their free meal.

They mention "a picture of you in uniform" as proof of service. I can't imagine that a 35 year old picture of me in my fatigues would be better proof than the 214. And I'm glad you mentioned dog tags, Lou....mine hang on my keychain.

Wendy

Hey Wendy, how about posting that photo of you in fatigues.

I'd like to see one of the Marine when he was "cute". ;D

He was "cute"  ???  Jeff, I know of another forum where you'd be welcome  ;D

Wow Wendy, he could be a dead ringer for Chris' brother when he was in the Welsh Guards. Here's a much more recent photo.

Attachments

• John Evans.jpg
    John Evans.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 31
I just showed Chris Mike's photo and asked "who's this?"; Without hesitation she replied "my brother".

BTW he (Chris' brother) still has the cocky Welsh Guards "swagger" when he walks, although he's somewhat disabled.

Wow. How weird is that? Well, Mike's grandmother was English so maybe they're related somehow?

Tell Chris that her brother is cute, too....of course, he would be, looking just like Mike did 40 years ago.

Wendy

Dunno about English; Them's foreigners.

Here's a photo of John (Chris' brother) in uniform on his wedding day.

Attachments

• John_wedding.jpg
    John_wedding.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 28
Curiouser and curiouser....Mike's first name is John. And that second picture, really looks like Mike (in his younger days).

As for the picture of Wendy in fatigues, I think my sister has my Army pictures. Oh, wait, I think there's a box of them in the garage.....good place for them. Maybe next spring  ;D

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom