visioneer 7300 scanner avail free

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

I think my Visioneer 7300 USB2 powered scanner is causing problems on my computer, so I'm getting rid of it.  Never use it anyway.  The last time I got it to work, the lamp that slides back and forth creeked, but it did the job.  Next time I tried installing it, my computer crashed.  I have used it successfully on other computers. 

It's small and thin.  There is no power cord.  It's powered by the USB port.  Supposedly it has one button copying, but I've only gotten that to work once, mainly because I don't have the patience to set it up right or something, I guess.  The scanner's ok.  I just don't like its complicated, controlling drivers.  Plus I find I don't scan anymore. 

Be happy to mail it to anybody who may want to try to put it to use.

--pat

I had a Visioneer scanner at one time.  I had nothing but problems with it and the manufacturer refused to believe that the hardware was at fault despite following all their recommended tests and eventually replacing it with another identical unit (obtained through a bit of subterfuge).  I tossed it and bought an Epson and never looked back.  My entire experience is documented on the internet somewhere at an anti-Visioneer web site.  I will never own nor recommend a Visioneer product again based on my and many others experiences with the company and their products.

Ned said:
I will never own nor recommend a Visioneer product again based on my and many others experiences with the company and their products.

I second Ned's position. Never will own a Visioneer product again.

Add me to the list, gave it to my daughter and got tired of the complaints so I told her to put it in the trash.

Agreed on the Visioneer brand.  I had an early one years ago, and it was just worthless.  I have such limited space, I hoped this little thing would be ok.  It did work adequately on my computer before this one, but I had to do a complete restore this weekend, I suspect, because of damage caused by the Visioneer installation.  The installation aborts if you don't allow the immediate online registration. 

If I got a scanner, I'd want one that just installs drivers and can be run from other software - Word, fax, Photo Editor -  instead of forcing something like Paperport on the user.

--pat

Back
Top Bottom