Visitors from South Africa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoggibear

We have enjoyed visiting your beautiful country for the past 9 years on an annual basis for four to six months each year.

We own and operate a Ford F350 Powerstroke Diesel Dually and 35ft Avion 5th wheel with which we have covered more than 50,000 miles.

We plan to terminate our current visit in either California, Oregon or Washington State, where we plan to store our RV this year in preparation for our visit to Alaska in 2007.

If anyone knows of a good and reasonable under cover storage facility on the West Coast, we would sure love to hear from you.

We have always been based out of Florida and actually purchased our motorhome from Lazy Days near Tampa.

Hogard & Edelene Gevers

Hi Hogard & Edelene. Welcome to our forum.

Covered storage in our part of northern California is at a premium - difficult to come by and expensive. One such facility that recently opened locally charges approximately US$350/month. Another local one has had no vacancies in years.

Howdy  Hogard & Edelene,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Thanks for joining us.  I would suspect that the storage you are seeking might be more reasonable in Oregon, Washington or even Idaho.  Seems most everything commands a premium price in Calf.

Reasonable and undercover are mutually exclusive in California.  That is the bad news.  The good news is that undercover is not as mandatory as in places that have winter or major rainy seasons.  In the Los Angeles area there are

A spot in Riverside HERE.

In Anahiem HERE.

In Santa Clarita (just N of LA) HERE

In Norwalk HERE

I store in a small yard that has indoor RV storage in Lakewood, CA.  The whole lot is on concrete, no dirt.  It is a former industrial equipment storage yard.  No website but they do have a phone number (310) 973-0073.  I pay $125/mo for outdoor storage.  No harm to the trailer, and the sun on my solar keeps the batteries charged.  The area gets 14 inches of rain per year and the temps rarely fall below 60 F or above 90 F.

Back
Top Bottom