Walleye Fishing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dverstra said:
I just joined the forum and noticed the fishing section. I just had to keep the walleye thread going.

I'm from Michigan and fish quite often for walleye, although my avatar isn't exactly a walleye. I have fished in MN also. Lakes Winnie, Vermillion, Lake of the Woods,. It's a great state to fish for the best tasting fish IMHO. I really like jigging for them. It makes me feel like I am catching a fish, not just dragging it around after trolling for it.

I am new to this forum and was pleased to see someone fishing in Michigan. We are from Illinois and will be in the Upper Peninsula during the week of August 10. We will be staying at the Tahquamenon camp ground and I am looking for a guide to take us Walleye fishing near that area or a recommendation as to where we can fish. Any thoughts?

Thought I'd drop a few pics of our "RV on ice", which is really just a 16 foot wheeled fish house.  We've stayed out ice fishing in temps as low as 25 below zero wearing tshirts, walleyes still bite.  I tried capturing pictures to show the surroundings of the fish house.  Rattle reels on the walls, fans and speakers mouted on ceiling, etc...  Good times.  Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0064_2.JPG
    IMG_0064_2.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0050_8.JPG
    IMG_0050_8.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0052_10.JPG
    IMG_0052_10.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0038_5.JPG
    IMG_0038_5.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0012_2.JPG
    IMG_0012_2.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 24
What GREAT pictures, you must have a ball with the family.  I love Walleye, they are unbelievably delicious.  Did you deep fry them by chance?  I remember ice fishing in Northern Indiana.  We didn't have such a great "ice house"; but we did drill holes in the ice, sit on little stools and drop our fishing line in the little hole.  But we froze!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Marsha~

Deep fry?  Absolutely - beer battered!  I still ice fish on a bucket once in a while, but it's definately a whole lot funner in the fish house.  I didn't grow up fishing at all, so it's pretty cool to see my kids take a liking to it at such a young age.

The first time I was introduced to Walleye was in Ontario, Canada in the "lake of the Woods" area.  (I think that was the name)  We hired a guide and he took us out, we plunked our lines in the water and volia` we caught walleye.  Some folks camping near us had brought over a plate of walleye that they had deep fried over an open fire.  Man was that good!

Now we mostly fly fish for trout.

Marsha~

Back
Top Bottom