Warning Whistle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChuckB

I recently purchased a Winnebago Via (2014).  When bringing it home, I noticed than when driving down hill, I'd get what appeared to be a warning "whistle."  It would stop when I came to a traffic light and stopped or headed up hill.  Old owner had no idea.  It seemed to be coming from behind me.  No light on the dash and I didn't experience any other issues.  Not that it should make a difference, but it was raining at the time. 

Thanks
Chuck B 

Taking my foot off the gas didn't seem to impact the sound.  But stopping and going up a hill did.  Seller thought it might be a fan, although they never experienced the whistle.  It seemed to be coming from behind me. 

It may be a air leak that only whistles when the air goes across the opening just right. I would have someone move around the MH while driving to try and narrow down the possible areas. I'm thinking roof vents not sealing tight, AC unit and windows. The PO may not have heard the whistle due to other noises. (Radio, TV, or a wife that liked to nag ;D)

Gizmo100 said:
It may be a air leak that only whistles when the air goes across the opening just right. I would have someone move around the MH while driving to try and narrow down the possible areas. I'm thinking roof vents not sealing tight, AC unit and windows. The PO may not have heard the whistle due to other noises. (Radio, TV, or a wife that liked to nag ;D)
Funny how RV sellers can't hear the noises that potential buyers can hear.

When I owned a VIA the alarm for the driver seat not being fully locked would give you a soft alarm. Maybe the mechanism is out of adjustment and is giving you an alarm when going down hill and then when you sit back in the seat the alarm stops. 

Update...I drove the Via home, about 300 miles, and the whistling was gone.  Also had someone in the RV who could figure out where it might be coming from.  Sigh...but glad it's gone.

Don't be too disappointed just yet. Give it time. :)

Maybe a vacuum leak from one of the small hoses under the dash? It would whistle at high vacuum like going down hill, disappear going uphill. I had one...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowtoast
Back
Top Bottom