Washer/dryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVQuilter

Hello fellow RVers.

Does anyone have a washer/dryer in their rig?  I cannot decide what is the best to go with.  We do not need it often, but when we are gone for over a week I would like to have it.

Thanks in advance.

We don't full-time, but even so, we wouldn't be without our stackable washer and dryer. It can be a real PITA to find a laundromat and then wait for a machine. We like our stackable, because we can wash one load while drying another, but a combo unit has the benefit of being able to go from washing a load, to drying it, automatically while you're driving down the road. 

Kev

Do you need a washer at home?
Do you travel more than a weekend at a time?
Do you like spending your time sitting at some sleezy laundrymat?
Then you may need a washer in your RV.

Our coach came wired and plumbed for a combo unit, but without a machine. It would be easy to put one in. But the boss would rather have the closet space. We usually live in our coach 6 months of the year. And have never had a problem finding a clean laundromat.

RVQuilter said:
Hello fellow RVers.

Does anyone have a washer/dryer in their rig?  I cannot decide what is the best to go with.  We do not need it often, but when we are gone for over a week I would like to have it.

Thanks in advance.

RVQuilter
My wife, also a quilter, would not be without the Splendide washer/dryer in our now 23 year old, 150,000 mile, coach.

Our FW came plumbed for a combo washer/dryer with external vent and we negotiated a unit in the purchase.
We have used it, but there are some drawbacks.
  • It can only wash/dry small loads.
  • It takes *FOREVER* to dry.
  • I can feel the whole trailer wiggle when it is running. (this has been reduced since I added stabilizing jacks under the trailer)
  • It adds a small effort to the winterizing process.
On our longer trips, we do still wash from time to time.  But even having this installed, we also occasionally use the camp laundromat.

To do it over, we would skip the washer in favor of the additional closet space.

vinceherman said:
Our FW came plumbed for a combo washer/dryer with external vent and we negotiated a unit in the purchase.
We have used it, but there are some drawbacks.
  • It can only wash/dry small loads.
  • It takes *FOREVER* to dry.
  • I can feel the whole trailer wiggle when it is running. (this has been reduced since I added stabilizing jacks under the trailer)
  • It adds a small effort to the winterizing process.
On our longer trips, we do still wash from time to time.  But even having this installed, we also occasionally use the camp laundromat.

To do it over, we would skip the washer in favor of the additional closet space.

The key to succesful use of Splendid combos is small loads.  As camp hosts we would start a load in the morning.  Go do what we needed to do.  At lunch take out clean dry clothes and start another load.  Total time, maybe 10 minutes.  We would do two and sometimes three loads every other day.  Big deal!

Because of having had stackables in a previous coach, we specifically ordered them in our current rig. DW loves them (I think they're great, too).

RVQuilter said:
I cannot decide what is the best to go with.  We do not need it often, but when we are gone for over a week I would like to have it.

It sounds as I re-read your post that you've sort of made up your mind to get one. Not needing it often, but wanting to have one, I'd definitely recommend the combo unit by Splendide. You'll have the convenience, but it takes half the space (if you even have enough space) for a stacked unit. However, stacked units, as Kevin says, offer the convenience you're used to at home - being able to do a load in the washer and a separate load in the dryer.

If you use the Search button (above left) and search on the word Splendide you'll find lots of discussions, including pros and cons of combo vs. stackable units.  Most of us love our W/D appliances.  We have the vented combo Splendide so I have the entire area above it for a huge storage space which I also didn't want to give up.  You don't have to be a full-time RVer to reap the benefits of having your own W/D.  It's nice to go off and do other things while it does the work for you.  if you get a combo unit it washes and then dries so you don't have to move wet clothes from one unit to another.

ArdraF

We have a washer/dryer in our unit.  We would not be without it. 

We have a Splendide combo.  My DW loves ours so much that I've always said that if she had to make a choice between me or the Splendide, she would have to think about it.  :eek: ??? ::) :-[ :-\ :'( :'( :'(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom