Water coming up through floor when running dry cycle on washer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaB

Running the dry cycle, in my fifth wheel, causes the carpet to become wet and water to leak from the hitch. I don’t see any problems when running a wash cycle and the carpet stays dry. Is it a possible leak from a drain pipe?? That’s all I can come up with. Also wondering the best way to open things up to look at the pipes.

I highly encourage you to ask a local for an opinion. Way too many variables to guess about online. My guess, something leaking in washer.

Running the dry cycle, in my fifth wheel, causes the carpet to become wet and water to leak from the hitch. I don’t see any problems when running a wash cycle and the carpet stays dry. Is it a possible leak from a drain pipe?? That’s all I can come up with. Also wondering the best way to open things up to look at the pipes.
welcome to the forum.
What do you mean there is a leak from the hitch?

I highly encourage you to ask a local for an opinion. Way too many variables to guess about online. My guess, something leaking in washer.
It is not coming directly from the washer. All around it is dry. It’s in front and to the left of the washer and definitely coming up through the carpet

You can test the drain just by removing the washer drain hose from the pipe then stick a garden hose in the top of the pipe and turn the water on slowly for a while (one hour) and watch for signs of water

I do not think so. I will run it to be positive. I haven’t run the dry cycle for a while. I’ve been washing in my washer and taking to a neighbor to dry

Is it a Splendide washer/dryer and possibly the type without an external air vent? That unvented models use cold tap water in a condenser to dry the clothes. You may have a leak in the condensor water line.

To get better help, please identify the year/make/model of your 5W and the washer-dryer make/model.

I do not think so. I will run it to be positive. I haven’t run the dry cycle for a while. I’ve been washing in my washer and taking to a neighbor to dry
I mentioned the drain pipe because you mentioned it in your 1st post being a possible source.

You can test the drain just by removing the washer drain hose from the pipe then stick a garden hose in the top of the pipe and turn the water on slowly for a while (one hour) and watch for signs of
Is it a Splendide washer/dryer and possibly the type without an external air vent? That unvented models use cold tap water in a condenser to dry the clothes. You may have a leak in the condensor water line.

To get better help, please identify the year/make/model of your 5W and the washer-dryer make/model.
Its 2018 avalanche 365mb and the washer is a magic chef ventless

I mentioned the drain pipe because you mentioned it in your 1st post being a possible source.
I ran the dryer and it’s not raining. No water coming out before running it. It seems to be coming from above the hitch where I circled

Attachments

• 845CD891-71CA-4A95-A037-18D32039B8AE.jpeg
    845CD891-71CA-4A95-A037-18D32039B8AE.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 7

Your answer makes sense. Does that line normally have water in it tho? It only leaks when the dryer is running

Attachments

• A3D2EACD-AC1D-4853-A75C-A7A5C0DC2360.jpeg
    A3D2EACD-AC1D-4853-A75C-A7A5C0DC2360.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1
How long have you owned this rv? Did you winterize it yourself last fall?
If you did it yourself do you remember adding antifreeze to the “P” trap for the drain. That may have frozen and split. Do the water/hose test to at least eliminate that pipe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom