Water heater, fridge lids how to really lock them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gary, why do you think anyone would mess with your water heater or fridge? What are you afraid of?

I would be more worried about someone contaminating my water supply through the fill hole.  :eek:

Since it appears to bother you some, Screw them shut with some stainless screws. One in each corner should suffice and if an emergency should occur a quick resolution could be made with a screwdriver.

Daffy said:
Since it appears to bother you some, Screw them shut with some stainless screws. One in each corner should suffice and if an emergency should occur a quick resolution could be made with a screwdriver.
My thoughts exactly. If that isn't enough, use a security torx. Not many own a set of those, let alone carry them.

SpencerPJ said:
I would be more worried about someone contaminating my water supply through the fill hole.  :eek:
.....  and in many RV's are equipped with a key lock on the gravity fill access door, when equipped, to guard against this, at least mine is.....

Alfa38User said:
.....  and in many RV's are equipped with a key lock on the gravity fill access door, when equipped, to guard against this, at least mine is.....

I can open mine by just flexing the door a little. I never use a key.

Alfa38User said:

Even better than a lock, our coach doesn't have a gravity fill port for anyone to tamper with. ;)

Take it one step further and use stainless screws with a security bit. Easy for you to remove but would require preplanning for a curious george.

grashley said:
I agree with the comments above.  However, may I add that a zip tie may not keep anybody out, but it WILL tell you if anybody has been inside.

stainless steel zip tie, they would cut themselves to ribbons before getting it off.......or just bend it up and break it...like Rene said

spdracr39 said:
Take it one step further and use stainless screws with a security bit. Easy for you to remove but would require preplanning for a curious george.
This is what I will do! Thanks for a good idea

Back
Top Bottom