Water issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bristoldog1

2016 Fleetwood Jamboree 31 class C.

We have a water issue. It started when the park we are in had high pressure air in the waterline. I finally disconnected from it, that is when our water problems showed up

1. Our fresh water pumps cycles on and off every few seconds when turned on.

2.Even if I turn the pump off and no city water my bathroom still seems to have water running.

3. Bathroom even with pump and city water off, there is air pressure in the line, more so on hot water side

4. But kitchen is getting no water with pump on or when hooked to city water.

This all just started today.
Any ideas?

What is high pressure to you? Do you have a water pressure regulator?

As far as the kitchen, remove the aerator and clean it.
Sounds like you had a lot of air in your water heater. Make sure you have a full fresh water tank, then Start the pump and let the water run until there is no more air in the lines.

You said "High pressure Air"
Air, when it gets in the lines.. Will cause the water to sputter and spit. It may look like "High pressure" but it may only be 40 PSI.. Why does it LOOK like high pressure?
Air flows through the lines and valves and things much faster than water and when water finally gets to the outlet... it's moving rather fast.. This means INERTIA causes the water pressure to spike.. the air is not highpressure the arriving water is.. (Sorry this sounds confusing even to me)
IT's like trying to stop on a die from 70mph.. You are not going to do it You are going to skid.

So you think it's high pressure air. but it's not.
And it may have damaged a valve or 3. Or other connectings (The water hammer)

2016 Fleetwood Jamboree 31 class C.

We have a water issue. It started when the park we are in had high pressure air in the waterline. I finally disconnected from it, that is when our water problems showed up

1. Our fresh water pumps cycles on and off every few seconds when turned on.
Possibly from air in the line but also could be a failing pump check valve.
2.Even if I turn the pump off and no city water my bathroom still seems to have water running.
If there was air pressure in the line and city disconnected any water flow should stop in a few seconds and might become a slow drip. Does it run for a long time?

3. Bathroom even with pump and city water off, there is air pressure in the line, more so on hot water side

Here's the real key IMO - With good city water connected run the hot water tap for a good amount of time to purge air. Alternately, pop the overpressure/overtemperature valve/lever located at the water tank and let that flow until all air is out of the water tank.

Then open the hot water taps one at a time inside (sink, shower, vanity) until each one burps some air out.

Then do the same with cold side.
4. But kitchen is getting no water with pump on or when hooked to city water.

This could be an air bubble and/or aerator clog. Remove the aerator when doing the above purging.

This all just started today.
Any ideas?

If all sources of water pressure are removed, just open the faucets and with for all of the pressure to be relieved. When the pressure is bled off the water will stop running and then try the pump and see what you have going on. As long as there is pressure and no supply to replace it you only need to vent that pressure off.

Back
Top Bottom