water Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RDCda5th

Rewrite: We have a 2021 Keystone Avalanche 312RS... I am connected up to city water and set for normal flow at the water service station (valve can turn to fresh fill also). Fresh tank fills up on this normal flow setting! (not supposed to do this unless valve turned to “fill” position.).. Water eventually starts overflowing from the fresh water tank exterior drain overflow outlet after fresh tank is full. (in gallons per couple minutes so I have to shut off city water supply !) Tried draining fresh tank and running city water several times on the normal flow setting and once the fresh tank is filled up (which not supposed to do on the normal setting) again the overflow starts pouring out again. Basically a we are having to fill fresh tank, turn off main water and run our rig on pump (with park water off) until fresh runs out. Any ideas where to start? I’m pretty handy just wondering if it’s at the normal flow/fill valve in the water compartment or a check valve in the fresh water tank area? Where to start diagnosis?

Check valves in pump or the quick fill valve are defective.
Short term solution (Which I really like) is to fill fresh tank and use pump. Turn off city water till you need to re-fill.

My RV is doing the same thing only much slower. It takes mine about 3 days to fill the fresh tank when set to "city water".

On mine, and I'm guessing yours, there is the valve labeled "city water" and "fresh fill" or words to that effect. The water (when set to city) is leaking past the valve into the tank. The valve is like a traffic cop directing water one way or the other. Replacing the valve should fix the issue.

I haven't yet changed mine because it looks like accessing the valve on mine is pretty involved. The actual job of changing the valve should be very simple once you get access to it.

Please post back with how it worked out.

My RV is doing the same thing only much slower. It takes mine about 3 days to fill the fresh tank when set to "city water".

On mine, and I'm guessing yours, there is the valve labeled "city water" and "fresh fill" or words to that effect. The water (when set to city) is leaking past the valve into the tank. The valve is like a traffic cop directing water one way or the other. Replacing the valve should fix the issue.

I haven't yet changed mine because it looks like accessing the valve on mine is pretty involved. The actual job of changing the valve should be very simple once you get access to it.

Please post back with how it worked out.
I will let you know the outcome. Thanks so much

Maybe the valve is labeled wrong. Try putting the valve in the tank fill position and see if the water stops filling the tank. Easy quick check

The check valve in the pump is causing the problem, noy the city/tank valve. Put a check valve between the pump and tank and you will never have the problem again.
Based on numerous problem reports seen here, it appears that the city Fill valve is at least as likely to be leaking as the pump diaphragm/valve.

Another way to check that valve is to position it to normal. Then with water in your tank, start your water pump. If the pump shuts off and stays off, that means two things. That valve is not leaking by and the pump check valve also is not leaking.
If the pump does start up soon, I would purchase a check valve and install it on the discharge outlet of the pump. If the pump still starts up fairly quick, replace that valve.

As I said your options are
1: Check valves in pump
2: City Fill Valve (NOTE this may just be O-Rings)
3: All of the above are correct,.

To check the pump: Shut off the inlet line (if you can) and open the inlet strainer on the pump (lay a towel down to collect) once the inlet strainer housing is dry change towels and wait a few with city water on. Then if the towel is wet. Pump is leaking .. if towel is dry City valve

Either way re-assemble inlet strainer and open fresh tank to pump valve .

Don't have a valve between Fresh tank and pump. Well turn off city water and use pump till it turns dry then Disassemble the inslet strainer as above and proceed.

Wipe up any spilled water. Make sure it is dry. Lay dry towel down. Turn on city water and see if towel gets wet.

Welcome to RV Forums!

We are from the Sunshine State, on Florida's
West coast.

We are H.L. and Jan, the campervan is Greta.

Remember, all Outdoor adventures begin and end with a road trip, drive safely with your family cargo!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardp
Back
Top Bottom