Water pump will not pressurize the system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TOM MCB

Last year I bought a 2005 Cherokee 29 foot travel trailer.  I winterized it myself.  We just got it out of storage and put water into it for the first time this year.  I turned on the water pump and it sill not shut down when the line is pressurized.  I have checked for leaks and have found none.  I do have water through all of the faucets and the antifreeze is now out of the lines.  Can anyone advise me what the problem may be.  I live 60 miles from the nearest RV center.  Thank you in advance

Hi Tom MCB. Welcome to the forum.  Have you allowed enough time t Do you have the fill the water heater? Do you have the tank fill/city water valve in tank fill or city? If you have it in tank fill, the pump won't shut off.

One possible cause of that is air in the line; it may take some time to work it out.

Does the pump run continuously or cycle Off/On?  If it cycles, it might be that the pumps internal check valve is allowing water to leak back to the tank.

Make sure the tank fill bypass valve is fully closed - that's a common leak that will be invisible because the water just flows back to the tank. It's also possible the valve is failing.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
One possible cause of that is air in the line; it may take some time to work it out.

Does the pump run continuously or cycle Off/On?  If it cycles, it might be that the pumps internal check valve is allowing water to leak back to the tank.

Make sure the tank fill bypass valve is fully closed - that's a common leak that will be invisible because the water just flows back to the tank. It's also possible the valve is failing.

Ditto. I forgot about my by-pass line, and had the same problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom