WDH Towing Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kev12

Hey guys, I'm in a time crunch here. I just upgraded to a Ram 2500 from a Tundra. 1st problem, had to lower ball to lowest level on the shank. Off the truck, trailer is level at about 23.5'(ground to top of coupler). On the truck, it's at 25.5', so I'm about 2' too high. Is that too much of a difference? I can't find anywhere in town that has the wdh drop shank.

Next question, Do i still need the WDH? Trailer weighs roughly 5500lb loaded. I put the trailer on for the 1st time and my back hardly dropped at all. I'm attaching some pictures, Thanks

Attachments

• trailer 2.png
    trailer 2.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 37
  • trailer 1.png
    trailer 1.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 33
  • truck.png
    truck.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 17
You should still use the hitch it will provide stability that you will need if you are nose high like that. I would find someplace to get the correct drop bar ASAP.
You probably can get by without it the people who deliver trailers do.

Thanks for the reply. We are only going on a 60 mile trip for the weekend. I've already made decision to stay with the WDH, ordering a shank to be delivered next week

2" isn't terrible, but I would be shopping for a new ball mount with greater drop capability. Enjoy your weekend!

Do you still need WD?  Probably not absolutely necessary on a 2500, but it never hurts.

Back
Top Bottom