Weighing trailers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tireman9

The link in the library is a reasonable start but it ignores the reality of side to side unbalance. With trailers getting ever larger and many now having slideouts this unbalance can mean the tires on one side have more than 50% of the axle load on them.

A more complete reference of how to know the real tire loads can be found by using the worksheet on this page http://www.bridgestonetrucktires.com/us_eng/rv/index.asp which can be downloaded as a PDF.

There is a good brochure with info on Loading and underinflated tires , Weighing your vehicle,  Determining your vehicle?s capacity,  Tire usage and care,  Repairs,  Air: your most important asset,  Protecting your asset,  Dealing with duals,  Measuring and maintaining psi,  Checking the tire air pressure,  Common terms, and  How to get help.

The link in the library...

It would really help if you posted the link rather than post a "link in somewhere" message. I'm guessing that you're talking about this article  ???

Meanwhile, thanks for the link to the Bridgestone site.

Tireman9 said:
The link in the library is a reasonable start but it ignores the reality of side to side unbalance. With trailers getting ever larger and many now having slideouts this unbalance can mean the tires on one side have more than 50% of the axle load on them.

A more complete reference of how to know the real tire loads can be found by using the worksheet on this page http://www.bridgestonetrucktires.com/us_eng/rv/index.asp which can be downloaded as a PDF.

There is a good brochure with info on Loading and underinflated tires , Weighing your vehicle,  Determining your vehicle?s capacity,  Tire usage and care,  Repairs,  Air: your most important asset,  Protecting your asset,  Dealing with duals,  Measuring and maintaining psi,  Checking the tire air pressure,  Common terms, and  How to get help.

Hello Roger, you?ve found me again.

As you know, Bridgestone doesn?t build tires for the RV trailer market. However they do have another reference about weighing the RV trailer that is more explanatory. I?ve listed it below.

Because RV trailer tires are almost always set to maximum allowable pressures by the vehicle manufacturers there is zero wiggle room for adjusting the recommended tire pressure for them.

Thus, the trip to the scales takes on other meanings to the owner. Is it overloaded and/or unbalanced? Once the owner has the scaled read-out in hand, adjustments can be made to balance the load and get down to GAWR if necessary.

http://www.trucktires.com/bridgestone/us_eng/press/zip/WeighForm.pdf

FastEagle

Tireman,  what are your thoughts on tire life for trailers and motorhomes.  I've search USDOT and a few tire manufacturers.  There's not much on the subject. 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom